Skip to content

Oh the Pressure!!!

Re: Oh the Pressure!!!

Postby Hornseeker » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:44 pm

His name is familiar cause he's the best longbow shooter there is!! At least...thats what I"ve heard.

Today I shot a half round with the fly all tuned and ready to go... I actually have to work on some silencing stuff. I think all the noise is string slap on the limb so I'll pad that area with fleece or something???

Anyhow...it was my best half round ever, but of course was with sights. I shot a 139 with 14 X's... Would have liked to kept going, but at 22 degrees it simply wasn't going to work!! BUT...I am extremely proud of that score and look forward to busting 280 very soon!!

The fly is soooo easy for me to be repeatable with. I have been messing a little, and I think I might be able to shoot it better 3 under. With the elevated rest, and split, the ??pivot point on the string?? seems to be high and makes the bow want to rotate back towards me...top towards me. 3 under puts even pressure on my bow hand and the bow doesn't want to rotate at all... I could put a stab on her to negate the split finger balance issue I guess...

Great Riser Aaron.. after I hit a real high score with the sights, I'll pull them and shoot no sights, but I'll keep the rest/plunger.

Ernie
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby Feral Donkey » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:19 pm

:D
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby Feral Donkey » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:20 pm

I had the oposite problem the other night. I shot like hell until the last few ends when I got my head out of my ass and shot some decent scores.
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby Hornseeker » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:59 pm

Last night was my first round ever not shooting a 19 or less. I only shot one 20...and only a couple 21's! It was FUN.

I am pretty sure I'll hit 280 next time.
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to '08 league shoot