Skip to content

Oh the Pressure!!!

Oh the Pressure!!!

Postby Hornseeker » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:17 am

Nah..just kidding. But, seriously, when you are having a good round, and you get down to those last 2 ends, do you start to feel it? I find I really have a hard time letting go of the string in those last 5-10 arrows...IF...I've had a good round, Particularly if I'm on track for a Personal Best. I really have to buckle down, concentrate, yet relax... stressing me out just thinking about it!!

Too windy to shoot outside today. Must be 25 sustained out there and many 45 mph gusts. Better just go in the shop and sand some glass...carbon....wood.

E
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Re: Oh the Pressure!!!

Postby Gino Bruno » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:23 am

i hear ya ernie...... i do the exact same thing :cry:
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby Feral Donkey » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:50 am

Hornseeker wrote:Nah..just kidding. But, seriously, when you are having a good round, and you get down to those last 2 ends, do you start to feel it? I find I really have a hard time letting go of the string in those last 5-10 arrows...IF...I've had a good round, Particularly if I'm on track for a Personal Best. I really have to buckle down, concentrate, yet relax... stressing me out just thinking about it!!

Too windy to shoot outside today. Must be 25 sustained out there and many 45 mph gusts. Better just go in the shop and sand some glass...carbon....wood.

E

Half way through I get it in one big wave. Then a few ends later I snap out of it and usually finish off well. Last time I didn't finish off well though.
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby Gino Bruno » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:25 pm

just went with my buddy (stickman) and had the same thing happen...... i ended up shooting a 235 with 9Xs...... if it were not for the 2 last ends that i shot (absolutely blew them), i would have possibly been in the 250s :o (which would have been REALLY good shooting for me)........ but i started realizing my score was climbing quick and i choked :cry:
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby superkodiak38 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:47 pm

Stop looking at them horns and just look at the shoulder :twisted:

I know it's tough to do, I wouldnt want to keep a running talley it would probably give me a fit !
When you take your kid hunting and he says thank you and tells you how much he loves being in the woods with you, your day just isn't going to get any better than that.
superkodiak38

Postby cst » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:43 pm

I fall apart for the 7th through the 9th ends. If I am lucky and Superkodiak isn't standing in the lane behind me smacking me in the back of the head with his upper limb tip (I don't want to hear it Hank) then I can usually pull it back together.
cst

Postby cst » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:45 pm

I think a big part of that for me is the break. Moving the target probably has something to do with it. I get in a groove with the level of my bowarm and gotta remind myself to pick it up or lower it or whatever.
cst

Postby PAarcher » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:14 am

You're supposed to move the target?
PAarcher

Postby Feral Donkey » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:28 am

You guys should shoot once with Bill Leslie. I think he shoots better under pressure. I shot with him a little over a year ago and I was watching his form closely while standing 5 feet away just to see how he'd react. His groups tightened right up. He started pounding the 5 ring with his crooked wood arrows like you wouldn't believe. I wouldn't shoot against him for money.
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby cst » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:10 am

Yeah Mike, you shoot 6 ends with it high (or low) and then do the opposite for the last six. It shouldn't but that screws with me some. They tell me at my club that it is a personal preference thing for our weekly league, but that in real competition that this is how it is done.

Why does Bill Leslies' name sound familiar?
cst

Next

Return to Board index

Return to '08 league shoot