Skip to content

Joe turns in a big score!

Re: Joe turns in a big score!

Postby Stykshooter » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:31 am

Yeah, Joe gives lessons alright. Been giving 'em to me for 25 years now and it is still a humbling experience. Of course my archery carreer has pretty much been a humbling experience since the beginning. I got started shooting F.I.T.A. on our college team with Joe and Rob K, both of which were at one time or another national champs. For a long time I thought I just sucked as an archer until I realized the caliber of guys I have been shooting with.

After all of these years and a lot of practice, I have finally reached the point where I can stand out there and shoot the same sized groups those two do at 50 yards. I just have to do it at 15 yards.
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby KCummings » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:36 am

"Joe and Rob K, both of which were at one time or another national champs."

Great, JUST GREAT. Suckered again...

I submit that anyone that has ever won an international, national, regional, state, local, club, back yard, basement, or any other competition either sanctioned or unsanctioned, recognized or unrecognized, formal or informal be disqualified from this competition. This would also include anyone that has made any part of their living, currently or previously (this does NOT include shilling), supplemented their income, has ever made a bow, has ever had any input in the design of a bow, developed, funded, or in was instumental in starting, maintaining or administrating (moderators would of course be exempt, if all other stipulations contained herein are adhered to) any archery website or forum (gay or straight).

This would also include anyone that resides west of the eastern most shorline of Lake Michigan, east of the western most shorline of Lakes Erie or Huron, north of the southern most shoreline of Lake Superior and south of the southern most point of both Lakes Michigan and Erie.

All in favor, say "aye."

:?

KPC
"On their deathbed, no one ever said, I wish I had spent more time at the office."
KCummings

Postby Feral Donkey » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:13 am

I thought pro shooters aren't allowed to turn in a score card? :mrgreen:

Hey, why the hell isn't Rob shooting in our leagues? If I'm going to get my ass kicked by 3 or 4 people, why not make it 5? :lol:
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby Hornseeker » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:37 am

That is a dang good score! I hope to beat it with sights!!
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby njstykbow » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:15 pm

GEREP,

That was a mouthful of limitations.

You're one demented fellow! Now quit whining (can I say that on here?) and start practicing!

Joe
njstykbow

Postby KCummings » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:35 am

"Now quit whining (can I say that on here?) and start practicing!"

I'm going to take that as a "nay."

KPC
"On their deathbed, no one ever said, I wish I had spent more time at the office."
KCummings

Postby Gino Bruno » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:43 pm

go check out joe's 2nd week score!!!! flat out inspiring!
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby KCummings » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:53 am

I saw that Gino...

Inspiring or depressing??

:mrgreen:

KPC
KCummings

Postby Feral Donkey » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:17 am

Hey, TJ is making some damn good improvement from one week to the next. Hell of a lot better than the first time I scored myself. In a few more weeks, he'll be whooping all our asses if that trend keeps going the way it is.
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby Gino Bruno » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:21 pm

that is exactly what i was thinking FD.
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to '08 league shoot