Skip to content

tournament talk

Re: tournament talk

Postby Hornseeker » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:01 pm

Indeed! YOu have lots of room for improvement..and I'll bet you'll improve real fast!

What weight bow?

Ernie
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby njstykbow » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:16 pm

Lee,

Rob is a VERY good shot with ANY type of bow he picks off the rack...been shooting one since he's been in diapers! Don't know what he's been telling you, but tell him to submit some scores.

FD,

Neither of us was worth a lick at holding our liquor...usually led to chasing women we shouldn't have been chasing, drag racing motorcycles through the main drag of the city or some act of stupidity which attracted the police! Glad I survived it!

And thanks for the compliments on the score, but don't expect many repeats. :(

Joe
njstykbow

Postby Lee Vivian » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:41 pm

Joe,

Just trying to kid a little! I know he's good! I know he could clean my clock without a lot of practice. He is my employer, so I gotta take his word on things, you know, job security and such! Your team at JMU was Rob, Randy, you, and Parker? That's a helluva team to have. Don't think I'd care to shoot with any of you! Look forward to seeing you at the Sports Show!

Lee
Too many freaks, not enough circuses....
Lee Vivian

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:37 pm

ernie, 55#
Save a tree, shoot a buck

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Postby PAarcher » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:26 am

I am very impressed with the scores that are being turned in. We've got some fantastic shooters here. Looks like I am at the bottom of the barrel. :oops:
PAarcher

Postby Stykshooter » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:05 pm

That is about all college was to us. Shooting F.I.T.A. bows, drinking and chasing women. We did take a little break from all of that stress during bow season though. Those of us that did manage to graduate did so by the skin of our teeth. Took me five years plus a summer before they let me out of that place.

Some of these scores being turned in are awesome! You guys must be scoring on some kind of metric system or using some type of higher math that I failed during my college carreer. I am shooting a Titan during our indoor leagues down here. Shooting instictively off of the shelf and I shot a 228 the other night at leagues. I felt pretty good about it until I saw some of those scores being posted. Rob must have sold me a defective bow.
You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands. If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
Stykshooter

Postby Hornseeker » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:57 pm

Alright Feral and Cutty...get your dam scores in!
Hornseeker

Postby cst » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:21 am

Looks like were all in but Cutty an Belicoso. I think it will be interesting and maybe embarrassing to see how we (hopefully) improve over the next couple of months.
cst

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:03 pm

last night i shot a 185 so im getting better. :) today just for the heck of it i stepped up to 15 yards and shot. i shot a 235 with 5 x's. see i knew i wasnt that bad of a shot. its just the distance. :roll: lol
Save a tree, shoot a buck

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Postby Hornseeker » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:14 am

TJ, you'll shoot a 235 at 29 yards soon...Guaranteed.

Remember...consistent release, consistent bow arm, concentration on the X. Do you shoot "instinctive" or do you "use" your arrow point or some other reference point?

What you'll see, most likely, is that you'll improve real fast and probably shoot a 220-240 pretty soon..but then...you'll hit a little plateau, or wall if you will. Not to discourage you, you can get through the wall, but it will be a much slower progression from 240 up...

Keep up the good work!

Ernie
Hornseeker

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to '08 league shoot