Skip to content

Whats the secret?

Whats the secret?

Postby BC Shooter » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:55 pm

Need some advice from the guys that are kicking my butt on the shoot. Have never tried to shoot paper for scores like this before. Mostly shoot one arrow practice for hunting and 3D, as the first shot is the one that counts.
I'm starting to get the hang of shooting groups for score, but it is frustrating at times being consistant. I can shoot one arrow and have runs of up to 14 - 5's in a row with more than half x's. Go to shooting the 5 arrow ends and struggle with stray shots.
I think I'm shooting too fast, usually shoot a 300 round in 35-40 minutes.
How much time do you take on your shots and between shots? :?:
BC Shooter

Re: Whats the secret?

Postby Gino Bruno » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:55 pm

not that i am kicking anyone's but lol but for me it is all about focus...... i seem to do my very best during the first half and then end up screwing my score during the last several ends. i think it is just that for some reason, i start to realize my score is climing which puts pressure on me and the fact that i am getting a little fatigued by the end of the round. i really need to try a bow in the mid 40lb range to see how much fatigue plays a role in my scores.

BTW, how was your vacation?
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Re: Whats the secret?

Postby rwsbow » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:11 am

Learned something years ago that helped me a lot..has to do with breathing between your shots..
As you prepare for your shot,nock an arrow,take your drawing hand off the string and let your arm just hang, take a deep breath,exhale and try to relax (droop) your shoulders..then put your hand back on the string and begin to draw and inhale.
I think most of us rush it too much..in a hurry to get all 5 arrows in the bullseye instead of enjoying the act of shooting each arrow..human body performs better with the right amount of air and relaxation..

I'd like to hear what tips Bill G. has..gotta be some good ones from him...HEY BILL!!!
The reason I support the 2nd Amendment is because I'm too young to die but too old for an ass whoopin' ! 

rwsbow

Return to Board index

Return to '08 league shoot