Skip to content

Another bunch of Photos for you

This forum is dedicated to exchanging information for the Walk the Talk event.

Another bunch of Photos for you

Postby Kirkll » Fri May 01, 2009 11:04 pm

This has got to be one of my favorite photos of Aaron here.....i think he's pretty damn happy with his first wood bow here

Here's a great shot of Jwillis, BK. and Dan. (From left to right in that order)

Jim had just given mt some copies of his bow design drawings here, and we were comparing the curve on the sasquatch limbs to his full size recurve limbs on the table there...

here's Ken holding the Iron Maiden with Hank in the back ground. that thing is very deceptive looking.It has a 65 pound draw, and flat out shoots some arrows.

Here is another favorite of mine of Jim holding his purdy bow up for me here. this bow was very nice shooting with a grip i just loved the feel of... i would seriously love to have one of these for my collection.....

this one here is Marc "holding the bag" if you will.... now i'm not really sure exactly he was doing to the bag, but Ken was threatening to poke him with that arrow if he didn't quit it... :lol: :lol: :lol:

here's another of the guys that came to the even with bows in hand.

These next couple photos is Hank in all his glory building strings....the first is Hank, FD, and Marc (left to right)

this on i got in on the lessoon as well

This one here Ken is showing me how to tame a Sasquatch

And this last one reflects the relaxed atmosphere of Sunday at Ken farm on a Sunday afternoon

http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Re: Another bunch of Photos for you

Postby Kenro » Sat May 02, 2009 7:23 am

LMAO!!! That is NOT my dog!! :lol:

That ol Hank shure knows his way around a string jig. Next time Im getting one on one time with him on his methods. see if I cant pick up on a few things.
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby BK in TEXAS » Sat May 02, 2009 9:01 am

Great photos man!

I was looking at the dog too thinking huh???????

BK
Hooked on Phonics......Helping kids read gooder since 1970.

http://www.NorthlandGameCalls.com
BK in TEXAS

Postby Gino Bruno » Sat May 02, 2009 11:46 am

awesome pics, kirk!!!! i sure wish i could have been there for hanks string building tutorial. i have seen hank's strings and know just how good they are.

that bow of yours looks sweet at full draw!!!!!!
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby Kirkll » Sat May 02, 2009 3:15 pm

Gino Bruno wrote:awesome pics, kirk!!!! i sure wish i could have been there for hanks string building tutorial. i have seen hank's strings and know just how good they are.

that bow of yours looks sweet at full draw!!!!!!

Thanks Gino. :D But in all honesty this broken riser that forced my hand in creating the T/D version of this design was a great sucess in more ways than one. The laminated riser and hardware added a wee bit more weight to the riser and i'm quite certain was instrumental in achieving the extra speed.

Wait till you get your hands on one of these things guys. :D they are very light weight in comparison to an exotic hardwood riser bow, and absolutely dead in the hand. makes me wonder what a heavier density wood riser will produce. i've got a bit of bocote and Zebra i may try out.

i'll be working on a pair of travelers next. I've got some more testing planned and want to have some profesional reviews done eventually.

I'll have Some more shots of WTT III this evening here....

Here are a couple more to get you guys by....

This bow was my personal favorite of the whole event....then again, there were a lot of outstanding bows that put the commercial off the rack bows to shame...

Jim did a beautiful job puting these things together with serious attention to detail. He had a pair of these that compared to those rare twin sisters you see on the beach that would stop traffic for miles in each direction in a bikini.

I know he was hoping for a wee bit more speed on his entries this year, but the shear beauty and shootabilty these fine bows had just made you forget all about the damn chrono. :D :D i was rooting for you big time too Jim. :D

Here is Jim shooting one of the other entries. i appologise for not recognizing who's bow this is.

Not only is Jwillis an outstanding bowyer, this guy can shoot anything you put in his hand and make it sing sweet. :D

Jim, Spending time with you shooting and testing these bows, was one of the highlights of my trip.....i'll look forward to hooking up again in the future. :D
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Postby jwillis » Mon May 04, 2009 7:49 am

Awesome photos, Kirk! Thanks for the compliments. The gray bow I was shooting in the photo was the gray actionwood takedown made by Jared Marinelli (michbowhntr). I couldn't put that bow down...it shoots right where I was looking. I would pick a dot on the target then fill the dot with the shaft EVERY time...and it had absolutely NO hand shock whatsoever. I never knew the true meaning of no hand shock until I shot this bow and a few others at the event...Kirk's sasquatch, Kenro's reaper and the blonde hybrid he made for FD, Ernie's bows were stand out examples. You know, Kirk, I still have that longbow box with your return address on it. ;) Jim
My bow making blog is live at... http://www.buildyourownbow.com

Click here to see the Build Your Own Bow Facebook fan page at...http://www.facebook.com/BuildYourOwnBow
jwillis

Postby BK in TEXAS » Mon May 04, 2009 8:46 am

jwillis wrote:The gray bow I was shooting in the photo was the gray actionwood takedown made by Jared Marinelli (michbowhntr). I couldn't put that bow down...it shoots right where I was looking. I would pick a dot on the target then fill the dot with the shaft EVERY time...

Yep. Couldn't agree more. I was nailing the football out in the yard. That thing shot GREAT!

BK
Hooked on Phonics......Helping kids read gooder since 1970.

http://www.NorthlandGameCalls.com
BK in TEXAS

Postby Kirkll » Tue May 05, 2009 9:54 pm

oh my god Jim. :o :o ... are you serious? you want to swap one of those beauties for a Sasquatch?

you make the call bro... i'll build one to your specs if you like. i mean i reeeeeally liked those yeller bows a lot. :D
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Kirkll

Postby Hornseeker » Wed May 06, 2009 9:00 am

Thanks for the pics bro... money!!!

I want to be at teh top of hte list for squatch traveler....
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby jwillis » Wed May 06, 2009 4:20 pm

Kirkll wrote:oh my god Jim. :o :o ... are you serious? you want to swap one of those beauties for a Sasquatch?

you make the call bro... i'll build one to your specs if you like. i mean i reeeeeally liked those yeller bows a lot. :D

Kirk, It's coming your way as soon as I can get caught up and get it packed. Jim
My bow making blog is live at... http://www.buildyourownbow.com

Click here to see the Build Your Own Bow Facebook fan page at...http://www.facebook.com/BuildYourOwnBow
jwillis

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Walk the Talk