Skip to content

WTT3 bow photos and FD curves (images on page 3)

This forum is dedicated to exchanging information for the Walk the Talk event.

Re: WTT3 bow photos and FD curves (images on page 3 added May 9)

Postby BullMtnArchery » Sat May 09, 2009 1:11 am

Jim that is awesome. You put alot of work into that. Very much appreciated. Alot of information to soak in. I am going to have to get my hands on some carbon and give it a go.

Since I couldn't make WTT III, it was great to see all the pics of the bows and the profiles.
"Never mistake kindness for weakness"
"Character is the type of person you are when no one is around"
BullMtnArchery

Postby BK in TEXAS » Sat May 09, 2009 6:25 am

Kirkll wrote:You guys think i should run some IBO weight arrow through the shooting machine just to see what she'll do?

5gpp ....that would be dangerously close to dry firing that thing.....that would only be a 256 grain arrow :shock: :shock: :shock: i don't think i'd want to risk blowing up the limbs personally/

Kirk....run 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 then graph it. You should be able to see a good range above & below with 5 data points

BK
Hooked on Phonics......Helping kids read gooder since 1970.

http://www.NorthlandGameCalls.com
BK in TEXAS

Postby jwillis » Sat May 09, 2009 8:01 am

badger5149 wrote:Dans bow is right up there with top recurves for storing energy and his efficiency is not shabby at all for his design.

I've been wondering how long it would take for someone to notice this. ;) Look how much energy it is storing early in the draw.

Brock, that's why I wanted to do this...to give the bowyers who couldn't attend the opportunity to see the profiles.

Jim
My bow making blog is live at... http://www.buildyourownbow.com

Click here to see the Build Your Own Bow Facebook fan page at...http://www.facebook.com/BuildYourOwnBow
jwillis

Postby shortbldtr » Sat May 09, 2009 8:20 am

[quote="jwillis
Brock, that's why I wanted to do this...to give the bowyers who couldn't attend the opportunity to see the profiles.

Jim[/quote]

You did that and then some Jim!!

Thanks for all your hard work. You've given us a great deal of the best study material I've seen.

shortbldtr= short-blood -trail

Should have cleared that up long ago :( I'm a licensed contractor but the name is a reminder for me of what I'm after each time I drop the string on hide or hair
Last edited by shortbldtr on Sat May 09, 2009 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shortbldtr

Postby jwillis » Sat May 09, 2009 8:53 am

Ken sent me the draw force numbers for his Reaper carbon hotrod bow, so I updated that chart on page 3. Jim
My bow making blog is live at... http://www.buildyourownbow.com

Click here to see the Build Your Own Bow Facebook fan page at...http://www.facebook.com/BuildYourOwnBow
jwillis

Postby Bob » Sat May 09, 2009 9:50 am

Thanks Jim!!! and everybody, this is awesome. I think you have ruined me, all I wanted to do when I started this crazyness was shoot a moose with a sharp stick. Now I have to think like an evil scientist and huddle in my dark lab doing millions of esoteric calculations to squeeze that last fps out of my diabolical inventions.ARGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!! Ain't it fun!! :shock: :roll: :D Bob
Bob

Postby Crooked Stic » Sun May 10, 2009 3:30 am

Thanks for the info. I would say that we are gettin this bow stuff figured out. It is gonna be interesting to see some of those numbers topped next year. I think it will happen though.
Prez of the Crooked Stic Gang
Crooked Stic

Postby badger5149 » Sun May 10, 2009 8:36 am

The efficiency on some of these bows is so high that I would fully expect and not feel insulted if they are challenged. I remember out and out being called a liar when I reported and efficiency of 86% on a bow. I just can't see long bows or R/d bows getting much better than this last batch. The way it is going 2 or 3 more walk the talks and it will probably have outlived it's usefullness. Looks like the peak is very near. Steve
badger5149

Postby Longbow » Sun May 10, 2009 11:23 am

Jim, love your engineering mind :) Thanks for the foresight, this is great stuff. Dave
Longbow

Postby Ben » Mon May 11, 2009 7:09 am

Jim, thanks so much for doing this :) ----almost like being there, but didn't get to eat none of the "Hickory smoked piss chicken" :shock:
BTW i knew this would happen----what you're calling the "zebra" bow of mine----is actually persimmon :o
sure looks like zebra, don't it :?:
Everything is simple, people make it complicated
Ben

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Walk the Talk