Skip to content

So HOW WAS the Food??

This forum is dedicated to exchanging information for the Walk the Talk event.

Re: So HOW WAS the Food??

Postby TJ's Mom » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:17 pm

The food was great!
I think I ate about 50% of my weight in all the goodies that were there.Tracy brought in all kinds of baked goods, cookies, lemon bars, brownies...yummy stuff. I had a few drinks, watched the arrows fly through the chrono and then the chicken was finished and I ate some more! :lol:
She also brought in a gallon of some Hillbilly Punch that Ken knocked off on Saturday night (hence the hang over) :mrgreen:
Good times...glad T didn't mind bringing his mom along!
"Out of clutter, find simplicity. From discord, find harmony. In the middle of difficulty lies oppurtunity."~ Albert Einstein~
TJ's Mom

Postby Kenro » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:38 pm

Yeah you wont see me drink like that ever again :roll: I dont like to drink anyway, and it takes very rare ocasions for me to do so :oops:
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:35 pm

yeah ken was a little giggly, or is he always like that? ;)
Save a tree, shoot a buck

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Postby Kirkll » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:56 am

The food was down right excelent! I was right next to Lori leaning on the bakery goodies pretty hard for two days.... Who ever built those brownies deserve a standing ovation.

I need to make mention of the drinking part of this event. It seems to be coming of wrong here. i used to be a serious consumer myself and hit my life quota about 4 or 5 years ago. This was not a drunken party in any way, shape, or form...... During the course of the day during the testing, everyone involved was dringking sodas or coffee.There were a couple guys that were a wee bit tipsy after mid night. but that's as far as it went...

This was an event you could comfortably bring your wife and kids to.... i hate to see a couple light weight, late evening drinkers put this event in a poor light in the public eye....

Then again.... if the public don't care for a few pirates tipping the rum bottle a bit after the shootings done and the kids are in bed, they can go get themselves stuffed!
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Postby BK in TEXAS » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:49 am

Kirkll wrote: During the course of the day during the testing, everyone involved was dringking sodas or coffee.There were a couple guys that were a wee bit tipsy after mid night. but that's as far as it went...

This was an event you could comfortably bring your wife and kids to....

Good point Kirk. It was a good natured weekend. I was even thinking on my way home that my wife would have gotten along great with Lynn & Lori, and my daughter would have liked Natalie too. Course all kids that age find a way to be friends.
Hooked on Phonics......Helping kids read gooder since 1970.

http://www.NorthlandGameCalls.com
BK in TEXAS

Postby Feral Donkey » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:30 am

Kenro wrote:Yeah you wont see me drink like that ever again :roll: I dont like to drink anyway, and it takes very rare ocasions for me to do so :oops:

Yeah, like every time we get together. :lol:
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby Hornseeker » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:37 am

Yeah, like every time we get together. :lol:

LMAO!

Good point Kirk... I didn't think for a minute Ken would allow things to get "out of hand" over there.... but its good to get the reassurance! I've been to some crazy hound trial events where the alchohol was going down hard and before the night there were always some fights and lots of crazy chit that I personally wouldn't put my family around (but it was dam fun when I was there!)

:mrgreen:
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby bentbow58 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:39 am

FD can you post the recipe for your chicken? id love to have it

keith
Hell must be empty cuz all the devils is here!
brothers of the bale
bentbow58

Postby TJ's Mom » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:47 am

I didn't mean to come across with wrong impression...It wasn't a drink fest at all....It was definately a family atmosphere and the couple of beverages that were had were enjoyed late in the evening after all testing was completed...believe me I wouldn't have wanted my son around a bunch of drunk guys with weapons. Great bunch of people all the way around.
~Lori
"Out of clutter, find simplicity. From discord, find harmony. In the middle of difficulty lies oppurtunity."~ Albert Einstein~
TJ's Mom

Postby Kenro » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:03 am

Yeah, after about 9pm I had a few really big mugs of the hillbilly punch. Felt good to get the event over without a glitch so I had to celebrate a little. I think I was actually feeling the affects after about the first sip er two. Tracy mustv made it pretty strong. :) I was really glad to see it didnt turn into a big drunk fest colledge party afterwards. Good judgement by all there. 8-)
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Walk the Talk