Skip to content

Well... What about WTT IV ?????

This forum is dedicated to exchanging information for the Walk the Talk event.

Re: Well... What about WTT IV ?????

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:17 pm

well i do think that sometime in june aint a half bad idea... but im only in school for one more year so it doesnt matter all that much.

whoever does it, gino and ernie have to be there. :twisted:
Save a tree, shoot a buck

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Postby Catamount » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:22 am

I live about 2 hours south of Salt Lake. Getting a shooting machine put together wouldn't be a big deal but I would need alot of help with the video, strings, arrows etc... I have 3 chronos and a decent set of scales. If we did it a tad later the weather would be better here too. It snowed all weekend here. There is plenty of BLM land within minutes of my house for a 3d shoot or some flight shooting. If it was in May or June the carp would be spawning in the pond below my neighborhood, for some bowfishing action. But I wouldn't mind coming up to Montana if you want to host it Ernie?
Catamount

Postby jwillis » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:38 am

I'm willing to host it next year if I can find a place for it. I'm located in Columbia, Missouri (half way between Kansas City and St. Louis). Both of those airports are two hours drive from Columbia. There is an American Legion hall on the edge of town with a public outdoor parks & recreation shooting range. It is a city park type of setting. The hall has outdoor BBQ grills and is located just one mile out of town with lots of space and privacy so we wouldn't bother anyone or have anyone bother us. I actually helped build the archery range when I was involved with the local trad club. If we could rent that hall Friday and Saturday, that would work. My only concern is doing the machine shooting inside their building, and finding a way to make a portable bow-drawing station for checking the draw weights. We wouldn't be able to build it onto the wall of their building...lol. I can follow up on this and see if it is possible. There is an outdoor picnic pavilion across the parking lot from the outdoor range. We could do the testing in that shelter if the weather would cooperate. One thing for sure is it would need to be held in April or May before it gets too hot and humid here. Everyone knows how miserably hot and humid MOJAM feels in July. There's also an archery dealer with an indoor range which might be a possiblity if they will rent it out. It has a store attached, so I'm not sure how late we could stay. Jim
My bow making blog is live at... http://www.buildyourownbow.com

Click here to see the Build Your Own Bow Facebook fan page at...http://www.facebook.com/BuildYourOwnBow
jwillis

Postby Kenro » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:37 am

I like the indoor range idea and getting to rent one out for a late night/s. They get the extra buisness of all of us being there so it may not even cost anything to reserve. Then we get to shoot all the bows in an actual range. friday is prolly a must as you have seen for weigh ins and scaleing. What ever where ever or who ever, Im willing to help out. I think the rhythem we had going this weekend was hard to beat. alot of bows went thru very efficently thanks to the participation. as far as the camera work, If whoever cant get hooked up, I may be able to get Ben again but I dont know if he'll like to travel to far. I can ask tho.
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby Catamount » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:33 am

Well Missouri wouldn't be too far away and jwillis kind of has the rundown on things. It would be nice to get it a little farther west if possible but whatever works.
Catamount

Postby badger5149 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:45 am

Last year I bought a load cell and some other things for putting together a device that would measure and calculate fdc and weight the bow at the same time but I don't have the electronics or computer skills to put it together. I would gladly donate it to someone who might be able to finish it. It should be compatable with any excel program. I wanted to set it up where it would record a measurement evey 1/4" of draw or for that matter just buy a Piece of stock that had holes every 1/4" and wire up a micro switch to go through the holes. I could finish building the machine if someone else could get it working. Free to walk the talk. Steve
badger5149

Postby Feral Donkey » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:50 am

I'll bring the bird spinner! :D
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby BK in TEXAS » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:15 am

Hmmm....we could caravan from Wisconsin.....
Hooked on Phonics......Helping kids read gooder since 1970.

http://www.NorthlandGameCalls.com
BK in TEXAS

Postby GraemeK » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:59 pm

Its probably selfish of me since most of you live closer to the East coast but California sounds good -- its only half way around the world -- and it seems the only way I can be sure to get a bow there is to bring it in person.

Graeme
GraemeK

Postby Kenro » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:17 pm

BK in Wisconsin wrote:Hmmm....we could caravan from Wisconsin.....

YUP, :) just not the donkey van. It still sits in my yard :lol:

Catamount wrote:Well Missouri wouldn't be too far away and jwillis kind of has the rundown on things

yeah, Jimbo T really does have the handle on things as he was a big part of II & III.
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Walk the Talk