Skip to content

WTT3 results!

This forum is dedicated to exchanging information for the Walk the Talk event.

Re: results!

Postby Kenro » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:57 pm

TJ,
If you say its by accident that that thing went so damn fast, then I believe you. But Im still buying you for some hefty $jing so you can make more of those accidents at my shop. :lol: Same goes for Kirk. busting a bow and then turning it into a 3pc on the last week prior to WTT coming in and placing right at the top. but Im getting the antique value when I resell him.(patent pending :lol: )
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby Gino Bruno » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:04 pm

TJ- i'd like to see you send that bow to rob or someone for some high speed video testing...... i'd be willing to bet you that the timing of those limbs are spot on and the limb bulge is nearly nonexistant. the video could tell you a ton next to your others.

again, OUTSTANDING numbers!!!!!
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby Kenro » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:54 am

And the look on his face was priceless when the first numbers came thru. :D That was the coolest! well worth the event.
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby Hornseeker » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:13 am

I am going to see if Mike will have time to take my bow to Rob... Id' like to see that vid too...
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby kcbrown » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:17 am

Thanks Bill Howland, the congratulations means a lot coming from someone of your obvious skills. I guess the big story is TJs bow being all glass and then having a loving Mom drag him over to play with a bunch of older guys. (grin). Lots of thanks go to the older guys for teaching this young man how to do this stuff and he has obviously been a good study. I am a machinist by trade so learning from the older dogs is the way you learn. I am one of those dogs and teach every day. You can read books and surf the internet all day long but until you get in there and get your hands dirty and get help from the guys with the dirty hands you dont learn anything. I also think it is great that Ken gives most of the credit to his wife and daughter,, I sure know all about that. I have two daughthers and an incredible wife Becky that are by far the better part of me. Thanks again folks. ( I sure wish I could get my smileys to work..grin)
kcbrown

Postby jwillis » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:55 am

Gino Bruno wrote:...i'd be willing to bet you that the timing of those limbs are spot on and the limb bulge is nearly nonexistant....

I believe this is the reason TJ's glass bow was so fast. The only other things I observed is it was a 66" bow (two or three inches longer than most) and had three solid hickory cores. I have a theory that there is an optimal length for each design, just like Kenro proved to me Saturday that there is an optimal brace height. Ken's bow shot faster at 6-1/4" brace than 6"? :roll: To quote Arty from Laugh In..."very interesting, but not stupid!" I guess that really shows my age...lol. :lol: Jim
My bow making blog is live at... http://www.buildyourownbow.com

Click here to see the Build Your Own Bow Facebook fan page at...http://www.facebook.com/BuildYourOwnBow
jwillis

Postby Bill Howland » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:11 am

kcbrown wrote:Thanks Bill Howland, the congratulations means a lot coming from someone of your obvious skills.

kc, honestly, please don't look at me in that light. Heck, I put my pants on the same as you. I'm just a guy that decided to take a major risk by quitting a real good job. Buy a dead business, put my heart and soul into bringing it back to life. I could not have done that without a lot of help from countless others in the bow business and outside. That's why I help out anywhere and with anyone that asks.

Matter of fact if I were to place my bows in the results list...They would be at the bottom! I'm very, very Impressed with you "Self called Garage Ninnies!" I'm still sitting here shaking my head over these longbow numbers! I can only think of one word that expresses my thoughts...WOW!

Again...WOW...Congrats to all that participated! EXCELLENT!
"Whenever you get into a row be sure and not shoot too quick. Take time. I've known many a feller slip up for shootin' in a hurry." Wild Bill Hickok February, 1867
Bill Howland

Postby BK in TEXAS » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:26 am

Bill Howland wrote:
Matter of fact if I were to place my bows in the results list...They would be at the bottom! I'm very, very Impressed with you "Self called Garage Ninnies!" I'm still sitting here shaking my head over these longbow numbers! I can only think of one word that expresses my thoughts...WOW!

Again...WOW...Congrats to all that participated! EXCELLENT!

Well darned if that don't make ya feel good :D :D :D :D :D
Hooked on Phonics......Helping kids read gooder since 1970.

http://www.NorthlandGameCalls.com
BK in TEXAS

Postby shortbldtr » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:14 pm

tjdeerslayer37 wrote:thanks everyone for the props!

i really dont know why this one was so fast, i swear i dont. eveyone called sandbagging on me and i didnt even know how fast it was when i entered it. but pretty much everything different about this bow doesnt exactly point towards faster... ie less taper, longer etc...

Might have something there tj ;)
Congratulations on some great work!

After seeing the pics I can see I'd better send a finished bow next year not a proto :roll:

Kirk some amazing work there. You sure you've only been playing this game for a short while ?

FIne work everyone.
shortbldtr

Postby Gino Bruno » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:50 pm

hey guys..... did anyone ever run that centaur at the "hot rod" specs? just curious to see what it may have done...
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Walk the Talk