Skip to content

WTT3 results!

This forum is dedicated to exchanging information for the Walk the Talk event.

Re: results!

Postby Gino Bruno » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:15 pm

btw...... welcome aboard, Lori! good to see ya here!
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby badger5149 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:32 pm

You guys did an impressive job, just amazing how fast everyone was able to bring up their performance levels. This really says a lot for pirates of archery as well as the walk the talk event itself. Ken did a fantastic job with his shooting machine and educating himself on proper testing tecniques as well. These same tecniques will become a part of the walk the talk and do a lot toward establishing this event as being the "real deal". It might not fit everyones taste but who cares. I hope I can make it next year. I passed the word along to a lot of wood bowyers and was expecting more would have sent bows than did. Steve
badger5149

Postby DCM » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:52 pm

As a lurker, I'm impressed all the way around. Performance, testing methods, generosity both in material things and sharing ideas are all inspiring. You've influenced me, and might even inspire me to play some day.

On of the comments really got my attention, that really good timing was what the fast fast bows had in common. I've often wondered about that. In the racing game one gets speed in little tiny slices, paying attention to details and optimizing every single aspect. Seems like timing, at least in glass bow land, and been perhaps overlooked as a source for speed.

Real good stuff, and the sharing is most appretiated. Even better that those involved seem to have a lot of fun as well!
DCM

Postby Hank » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:26 pm

What really impressed me is that all the really fast bows are built and designed like a good bow should be... accuracy and stability first, then get as much speed out of it as you can.... this is exactly opposite of what OL did. After seeing the numbers on the ACS CX 2 years in a row, one has to wonder how much that patent is worth as the design seems to be fast becoming old news.

The Centaur is definately the real deal.

I was super impressed with TJ and his non carbon bow, along with Dan S and his wicked fast creations. They both shot real nice, as well.

Kirk's forward handle bows were a joy to shoot and I shot many others that fell in that just under 190 category that also shot very nice.
a genetically modified by aliens life form, known as Hank
Hank

Postby Crooked Stic » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:26 pm

Tj its good to see such support from your mom. Hold on to that it is great stuff. Great numbers on your bows. Heck I thought they was all good. I plan on having one there next year but its gonna be a hard act to follow.
Prez of the Crooked Stic Gang
Crooked Stic

Postby Sixby » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:51 pm

I fall into the , they are all great category. Great Job all. Specially Ken for all his work.

Lori I did not meet you because I could not be there but you are a great mom with a great son and man he has got some talent./ Good to have you on here and go for it girl. Build that bow. Design it yourself and if you want it in pink make sure you check into pink ivory. LOL Steve Pink ivory riser with tulip wood and tulip wood limbs. Hmmmm. I might just have to do that my own self. LOL
Sixby

Postby Longbow » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:16 pm

Welcome aboard Lori, it was a pleasure meeting you and TJ this past weekend. :) I had a great time meeting some of the voices of the POA & seeing and shooting so many fine bows!! Special thanks to Ken and Lynn for their grace and hospitality ;) Dave
Longbow

Postby Hornseeker » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:04 pm

Sweet....5 fps over last year! wooohoooo! Wanna see TJ do that next year! :D
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby MOUNTER » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:28 pm

Congrats to everyone! Those are all great numbers.. I'm truly impressed!!!
MOUNTER

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:30 pm

thanks everyone for the props!

i really dont know why this one was so fast, i swear i dont. eveyone called sandbagging on me and i didnt even know how fast it was when i entered it. but pretty much everything different about this bow doesnt exactly point towards faster... ie less taper, longer etc...
Save a tree, shoot a buck

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Walk the Talk