Skip to content

WTT3 results!

This forum is dedicated to exchanging information for the Walk the Talk event.

Re: results!

Postby Drew » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:48 am

Wow, impressive!

Just out of curiousity what was the bow length & draw weight of the Centaur?
Drew

Postby TimZeigler » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:01 am

Awesome numbers guys! I didn't realize that it was happening this past weekend.

So who was nominated as video editor, and when do we get to see the shootin?

Did someone get pics of the bows?
TimZeigler

Postby jwillis » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:06 am

I've got the Bow Test Data Sheet right here ;) ... The Centaur tested said it was 60" AMO on the bow, but we used a 62" string on it to achieve the 6-3/4" brace standard for our tests. I'm not sure what the actual string length was. It was a two-piece takedown hybrid, double carbon, black actionwood or Dymondwood riser (not sure which), 53.8#@28 AMO, 538 grain arrow...196, 196, 195...ave 195.7...487 grain arrow...206 fps. It shot very well. It had a finger groove style grip. I saw just a little bit of limb vibration during the testing on the machine and felt just a little bit of vibration when I shot the bow later. The tips were plenty big and durable-looking. It was vertically stable and did not flip-flop at all.
Jim
My bow making blog is live at... http://www.buildyourownbow.com

Click here to see the Build Your Own Bow Facebook fan page at...http://www.facebook.com/BuildYourOwnBow
jwillis

Postby jwillis » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:09 am

TimZeigler wrote:Awesome numbers guys! I didn't realize that it was happening this past weekend.

So who was nominated as video editor, and when do we get to see the shootin?

Did someone get pics of the bows?

I took some photos of the bows (unbraced, braced, and full draw) during the weigh in and will post them as soon as I can get the FD curve data entered. That could take me a awhile to get posted. Jim
My bow making blog is live at... http://www.buildyourownbow.com

Click here to see the Build Your Own Bow Facebook fan page at...http://www.facebook.com/BuildYourOwnBow
jwillis

Postby Hornseeker » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:27 am

Sweet.. I've handled many Centaurs...they ARE the real deal..I knew that from the beginning...good to see the numbers though.
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby Ibex » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:29 am

Wow, Very cool results. I need to shoot a Centuar!
Ibex

Postby Hornseeker » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:41 am

I dont know how the numbers would correlate to WTT 1.. .but dang...remember those numbers Steve... BBP SMOKED everyone at 190.. .now we have 16 year old kids doing that! :0)
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby TJ's Mom » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:12 am

Hey Guys, I have to say that this was so frickin' amazing!!!!
I am very proud of my boy and the fact that you all have pulled him into your "family"! I can't thank you enough for the encouragement to TJ and helping him to see that he can do anything he wants to do...(you remember, mom's don't know anything ;) ) Anyway it does mean a lot to me that you are re-inforcing the importance of persistance and the value of trial and error. Enough gushing about TJ...

Thanks to all the builders that allowed a novice shooter like me to try out these beautiful, functional works of art!

Thanks to Ken and Lynn for their hospitality and for the warm welcome we all recieved!

I learned a lot from all these guys at WTT about just what TJ has goin' on out in his "man cave"....I'm hooked now so I had to join and put my self into the discussions...just don't laugh too much....I really don't know anything about this stuff!

Maybe I'll even try my hand at puttin' one together for next year's WTT ;) ....it might be fun to compete against TJ and I'll get the first patent in the family :lol: !
"Out of clutter, find simplicity. From discord, find harmony. In the middle of difficulty lies oppurtunity."~ Albert Einstein~
TJ's Mom

Postby TJ's Mom » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:15 am

Oh yeah...Ken, we'll have to review our contract...I think I might be able to get a better price than what we discussed! :lol:
"Out of clutter, find simplicity. From discord, find harmony. In the middle of difficulty lies oppurtunity."~ Albert Einstein~
TJ's Mom

Postby Kenro » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:26 am

Very cool Lori. :D Glad to see you become a part of the pirates family. I really hope you do get a bow glued up and that may encourage my wife to do the same.
and no you cant get more than I'll pay for him. :mrgreen:
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Walk the Talk