Skip to content

WTT3 results!

This forum is dedicated to exchanging information for the Walk the Talk event.

Re: results!

Postby PAarcher » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:42 am

TJ, I just realized after going over the results again this morning that you built an all glass bow that rivaled the ACS!! :o Way to go!
PAarcher

Postby jwillis » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:43 am

dustynose wrote:Well, congratulations, impressive numbers, save mine :( ;) :) ... I hoped the machine could add a bit to get them in the 180s like what I measured over here. ;) But so I know my hand release seems not to be too bad :D and my arrows probably slightly too light when doing my tests here (did not weigh them too meticulously, I must admit)
When I see this long list I figure you had a lot of work to do today. I am drinking coffee, you may still be drinking some beers an be really tired - seven hours difference I guess.
Conclusion: There is still a noticeable difference between what an all natural material bow can do and the numbers that can be done with modern materials. I missed badger in the list - isn´t he there, I guess he would have done some fps more in favour of the reputation of the wooden sticks.... :) We will have to keep on working to see wether limits are already reached or there are still some fps left to be made when we put wood and grass together.
Thank you for your great work and keep on having a good time altogether!

Hanno

Hanno, those are the most beautiful boo-backed creations I have ever seen...amazing. You guys would have to see the attention to detail on these bows...multiple layer horn tip overlays, inlaid bone arrow strike plate, composite boo/osage or boo/ipe core lam, boo backed and boo belly. Very refined tips and riser sculpting. No hand shock. Who cares about speed when they look this good? Jim
My bow making blog is live at... http://www.buildyourownbow.com

Click here to see the Build Your Own Bow Facebook fan page at...http://www.facebook.com/BuildYourOwnBow
jwillis

Postby jwillis » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:45 am

Hornseeker wrote:... does that Centaur look like a bow with high longevity? If so... he kicks ass huh!

E

Yes, that was the impressive thing about the Centaur. It is a hunting class bow with durable tips and comfortable riser. Jim

Click here to see the Build Your Own Bow Facebook fan page at...http://www.facebook.com/BuildYourOwnBow
jwillis

Postby jwillis » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:52 am

BullMtnArchery wrote:And TJ great job. You da young man.... :D :!: :!:

You should have seen the look on TJ's mother's face when she was watching his bows shoot. She was very proud. I almost cried it was so touching. When TJ predicted before the event that "this high school builder would kick most production bowyer's asses," he wasn't kidding. Jim

jwillis

Postby Kenro » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:02 am

jwillis wrote:Hanno, those are the most beautiful boo-backed creations I have ever seen...amazing. You guys would have to see the attention to detail on these bows...multiple layer horn tip overlays, inlaid bone arrow strike plate, composite boo/osage or boo/ipe core lam, boo backed and boo belly. Very refined tips and riser sculpting. No hand shock. Who cares about speed when they look this good? Jim

Ah men to that!! And now their mine! :mrgreen: They truly are works of art. Im very lucky to have them and want to thank Hanno for telling me to "just keep them for causing to much red tape to send them internationally" When I first read that I about melted right here. They are now among my favorites on my personal bow rack. I love shooting them and cant wait till my next turkey season. This next round them birds better be shaking as I'll have had more time to shoot the bows:D

When TJ predicted before the event that "this high school builder would kick most production bowyer's asses," he wasn't kidding. Jim

No CHIT!! His bow that he had in the hot rod class flat smokes and its a bow that can very easily be shot accurately at a lower brace like we tested. No ones got anything on this young man anymore. Im trying to work something out to "buy" TJ from his mom. Were working out the details in the contract. OH, and uhh,,, "patent pending" on that :lol: . (inside joke)
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby Kenro » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:11 am

Another thing about the bows that Dan Steenhoek submitted,,,, You all remember after WTT II hearing people talking about now having to be "thinking outside the box" to get things higher. Now this guy took the box, smashed it, cut it up, stomped on the pieces and then burned it!!! I aint kidding people. This is another guy that is the "real deal" here. Im already thinking about how I can use some of his building tech and incorporating it into my design. ;)
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby Gino Bruno » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:23 am

i just realized that the event was this past weekend so i had to come look....... very impressive numbers all around.

that centaur is a performance monster!

ken- dang it man....... i bet you could have changed the air currents in the party barn and hit the 200 mark........ or had FD rip one behind the bow at the shot to put it over the 210 mark :lol: :twisted: .........

TJ- your performance numbers are the most impressive to me........ all glass and damn near 200fps!!!!!!! very very well done buddy!!!!!

E and jim, congrats on the purdy awards!!!!!!!! you guys build some impressive bows!!!! :mrgreen:
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby BK in TEXAS » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:30 am

Kenro wrote:Another thing about the bows that Dan Steenhoek submitted,,,, You all remember after WTT II hearing people talking about now having to be "thinking outside the box" to get things higher. Now this guy took the box, smashed it, cut it up, stomped on the pieces and then burned it!!! I aint kidding people. This is another guy that is the "real deal" here. Im already thinking about how I can use some of his building tech and incorporating it into my design. ;)

Yes sir. Dan is a thinker. Darn nice guy too.

I'd be lying if I wasn't thinking how a couple of his ideas might make my design a little quicker too. Good stuff. Good weekend!

BK
Hooked on Phonics......Helping kids read gooder since 1970.

http://www.NorthlandGameCalls.com
BK in TEXAS

Postby Bill Howland » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:33 am

Yup, Very impressive numbers! Jim at Centaur, Dan Steenhoek, kirkll, TJ, Ernie, KCbrown, Kenro, bkinwisconsin and for that matter, all of the rest of you are making bow that are faster than anything that I have ever produced. Congrats to all of you. Who needs a job? :lol:
"Whenever you get into a row be sure and not shoot too quick. Take time. I've known many a feller slip up for shootin' in a hurry." Wild Bill Hickok February, 1867
Bill Howland

Postby Hornseeker » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:36 am

So who is Dan?? Does he have handle hear??

Bill...I dont think your bows need to go any faster...

E
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Walk the Talk