Skip to content

WTT .... Game on!???

This forum is dedicated to exchanging information for the Walk the Talk event.

WTT .... Game on!???

Postby Hornseeker » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:23 pm

Well Boys... You guys pop a top yet??? Things have got to be getting fired up by now!!!

Frick...I wish I was there... Like me old Pappy used to say though... you can shit in one hand and wish in the other and see which fills up faster.... :roll:
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Re: WTT .... Game on!???

Postby Kenro » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:52 pm

YOU GUYS ARE MISSING SO MUCH COOL CHIT RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:mrgreen:

8-)

:P
And people are starting to show up and we are shooting and ...... the beers and the food.......... :mrgreen:
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby Hornseeker » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:56 pm

:twisted: :evil: :oops: :o :D :mrgreen: :roll: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby BullMtnArchery » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:29 pm

Damn I am jealous :cry: Wish I was there. Has Kirk made it out there yet :?: Ken did my bow show today :?: :?: :?:

Brock
"Never mistake kindness for weakness"
"Character is the type of person you are when no one is around"
BullMtnArchery

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:38 pm

Im on the way there now, like 5 more hours :(

Ken do I need to bring anything tommorow?
Save a tree, shoot a buck

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Postby MikeW » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:30 am

So what would the ETA be for the video being posted to watch?
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.
MikeW

Postby Kenro » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:48 am

TJ,
Nope just the bows. :)

Well. were almost done with all the weigh ins and as anticipated it took a fair bit longer with almost twice as many bow this year so far and still a few to show up and be weighed in in this AM. Things as far as weigh ins are happening to the "T" There is alot of time put into each and every bow already with mapping out all the force draw curves and holy cow is that some time consuming work!! But... I think J Willis had a great idea to bring you this feture for this year. so give him a big pat on the back for thinking of it and going thru the trouble.
Last night brought on alot of first time meetings which to me is the highlight of something like this. lots of food and lots of booze gone by FD :lol: That boy got skillz!!! :shock: Ive never seen anyone put down a whole bottle of rum in a 5-6 hour stretch!!!! :shock: AMAZING!! :lol:

We'll try to keep yall updated and in on the fun thruought the day. I'll have some of the guys come in and make a post here and there with all of the results to follow this evening. As the guys wake up Im sure a few will jump in and give their take on last night. Right now I gotta go out and start getting things set up. WE GONNA HAVE SOME FUN!! :D
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby GraemeK » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:58 am

Glad you are having lots of fun --- have a drink or two for me.

Cheers Graeme
GraemeK

Postby jwillis » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:30 am

The game is ON...for sure. Yesterday was both exciting and exhausting. We set up the bows and collected force/draw data until well past my bedtime. Marc did most of the bow stringing and pulling, while I took photos and wrote down the draw weights and bow specs. I encouraged Marc and Ken while they pulled on the heavy bows and tried not to make them hold full draw too long while I took the full draw photo...lol. Well...I'm still going to get Ken back today :twisted: during the shooting because he yelled BANG! once at full draw and scared the chit out of me! I almost dropped the camera! We've got to get going so we can get there in a few minutes. I wish all of you were here to see the bows. They are incredible this year. Just one shout out...the boo backed/belly bows from Hanno are amazing...and he sent these little tiny toy bows with natural wood arrows that look like BBQ skewers. But don't get confused about their power. I shot one of those arrows that penetrated 1/4" into the solid oak beam of the party barn! FD chronoed one of them at 120 fps! I'll get some photos to day so I can show them to you on here as soon as I can. Oh, another shout-out. Hornseeker's zebrano carbon bow is stunning. Ernie, those bows you sent this year are perfect in every way. Incredible. I learned some secrets yesterday and hope to expose some of that knowledge to you later. Stay tuned.
Jim
My bow making blog is live at... http://www.buildyourownbow.com

Click here to see the Build Your Own Bow Facebook fan page at...http://www.facebook.com/BuildYourOwnBow
jwillis

Postby Hank » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:54 am

Run for your lives!!! Aaron just went into the bathroom!!!

Karen.... if I don't make it... I love you
a genetically modified by aliens life form, known as Hank
Hank

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Walk the Talk