Skip to content

WTT III Scramble time!!!

This forum is dedicated to exchanging information for the Walk the Talk event.

WTT III Scramble time!!!

Postby Kenro » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:09 pm

Well boys, the week of WTT III is here!! :D :mrgreen:
Things are as hectic now as ever with recieving bows almost daily, keeping all the entrys and return shipping money and the boxes strait and having to memorize all the bows and their owners! Preping the frigerator with the right beverages to keep everyone attending entertained and tipsy :P , getting the shooting range outside all set up and doing some quick finishing touches on the WTT III party barn for the event. The shooting macine is all anchored into the concreat floor and the crono stand is also set and ready with a brand new procrono digital and full light set up for this year. The bow and grain scales are all ready to go with new batteries. the arrow catch bag is newly recovered and set. The WTT bow strings are relooped ready and waiting.
Our camera guy Ben is on full standby and ready to roll em :)
Now I just need to clean the place out, dust the shop down, set up some seating and the BAR IS OPEN!! 8-)

CANT WAIT to see some of you again and to finally meet some of you in person for the first time. WEs gonna have us a good time! :mrgreen:
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Re: WTT III Scramble time!!!

Postby BMG » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:18 pm

whos taking the bets? what kind of odds are we getting? :D
BMG

Postby Feral Donkey » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:37 pm

I have to see when my van is getting out of the shop and I need to score a big bag of charcoal, an air matress, and some other stuff. This is going to rock!!!!
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby BK in TEXAS » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:25 pm

REALLY looking forward to it. Just wish I could make it up on Friday instead of Sat. morning!

BK
Hooked on Phonics......Helping kids read gooder since 1970.

http://www.NorthlandGameCalls.com
BK in TEXAS

Postby dustynose » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:02 pm

I wish you all have a great time together this weekend. I am quite curious about the numbers. :) Would have liked a lot to attend, but it would have been too far away for me this time... ;) (Hamburg, Germany) Nevertheless - having sent my bows is a bit like being there and taking part - so I just hope they will perform well and be a contribution to the overall event. I think it is a great idea to stop talking from time to time and let the bows speak by their pure numbers..... I just learned a lot (and I guess others too) even from my failures while trying to squeeze the max. out of my bows... It will be a hard time for me to have to wait quite a while longer than all the others to get to know the numbers :( But no matter, just have a great time and fun and may the wether be as it is over here at the moment - sunny, dry and quite warm for this time of the year.

Hanno
dustynose

Postby Hornseeker » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:17 pm

You guys are going to have a lot of fun.... I'm very jealous...
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:28 pm

got my strings pretty much done today, waiting for the bows to cure fully before i do a center serving on them.

im pumped! i cant wait for this weekend, i think my baseball coach wants to kill me though for missing a double header. :twisted: i dont care at all. this is gonna be fun as heck.
Save a tree, shoot a buck

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Postby Hornseeker » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:48 am

TJ...this will be WAY cooler than a couple baseball games... OF course...your coach wont think so :mrgreen:
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby BK in TEXAS » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:37 am

Ya TJ..... believe me, 20 years from now you won't remember a darn thing about those games, but you'll remember WTT.

BK
Hooked on Phonics......Helping kids read gooder since 1970.

http://www.NorthlandGameCalls.com
BK in TEXAS

Postby jwillis » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:28 am

I'm ready to roll out first thing tomorrow morning and excited to help test the bows and report the results and have a good time with a few of the Pirates of Archery! Anyone who can't make the event, please know that you will be with us in spirit as we will be testing and shooting your bows. :D Hopefully, we can post some results and photos from Ken's computer Saturday night. One of the coolest things about WTT is comparing the bows side-by-side, so I hope we can share as many photos and data as possible. Jim
My bow making blog is live at... http://www.buildyourownbow.com

Click here to see the Build Your Own Bow Facebook fan page at...http://www.facebook.com/BuildYourOwnBow
jwillis

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Walk the Talk