Skip to content

People are talking....

This forum is dedicated to exchanging information for the Walk the Talk event.

Re: People are talking....

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:36 pm

see, i wasnt sandbagging when i couldnt get a darn bow to shoot over 167, but now... :twisted:
Save a tree, shoot a buck

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Postby BK in TEXAS » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:39 pm

Kenro wrote::D Thats awesome TJ! I hope it smokes!!!!!! Must be good judging by the smiley icon after that previous post. Thumbs up bro ;) only 27 more days. :D

You'd have to give me odds not to pick TJ near the top of this years list!

I think pros would WANT to send a bow. It's great free advertising, and most trad shooters know the fastest isn't necessarily the best. It just has to be fast enough.

AS far as OL goes; There is no way he'll send a bow. His entire marketing campaign is based on his bow being the fastest. He has everything to lose sending in a bow to be equally tested apples to apples. He does not want it proven his bow is not the fastest. Still, I think it's one thing for the pros to sit it out. No big deal. But if a pro sits it out then attempts to discredit the event, he has something to hide.

Personally, I'm just looking forward to the event, meeting some good folks in person, maybe 'lernin to shoot a little better too.

BK
Hooked on Phonics......Helping kids read gooder since 1970.

http://www.NorthlandGameCalls.com
BK in TEXAS

Postby Kirkll » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:56 pm

it just does something to you when that chrono starts spitting numbers out starting with a 2....of course i had to use light arrows to get those numbers... :lol: :lol:
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Postby Hank » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:25 pm

OL doesn't like the WTT because he cant slant the story to make him look good. I have never seen another bowyer who likes to blow his hole as much as him.
a genetically modified by aliens life form, known as Hank
Hank

Postby Kenro » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:41 am

sounds like no matter what we/I do, WTT is just a bunch of us just wasteing our time to get results that have little if any meaning what so ever. I went over and signed up at TG to try to bring some amount of reason to it all but,...... Im done trying to argue points that fall on deaf ears. :roll: next year he can host it.
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby Ranger » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:51 am

WTT is about putting things to the test. If O.L. has a problem with the way it is done, let him come out and be a part of it all. I am sure he would be welcome.
'Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.'
Ranger

Postby jwillis » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:06 pm

Growing WTT and gaining respect will take several years of consistent testing. If there are more bows submitted and more people in attendance at WTT3 than WTT1 and WTT2, that shows growth. The new shooting machine, same strings, same brace height, same arrow nock fit, etc., will make the WTT3 results more reliable. I really don't see any advantage in having pros submit their bows. There are enough hobby builders around to support WTT, and in most ways I like the concept better anyway. On the other hand, I really like the idea of testing production bows to serve as benchmarks for our garage ninny bows. Who cares if a pro sends a bow? They are available. If someone brings an ACS, Black Widow, Wallace, Sovereign, Belcher, Morrison, Shrew, Stuart, or whatever, and puts it on the shooting machine, that represents a real life test comparison that is valid and repeatable, since all of the bows are tested on the same machine with the same test criteria. I also think we should stick with our 10 gpp @ 28"...hopefully it will become the standard. Jim
My bow making blog is live at... http://www.buildyourownbow.com

Click here to see the Build Your Own Bow Facebook fan page at...http://www.facebook.com/BuildYourOwnBow
jwillis

Postby BK in TEXAS » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:55 pm

jwillis wrote: If someone brings an ACS, Black Widow, Wallace, Sovereign, Belcher, Morrison, Shrew, Stuart, or whatever, and puts it on the shooting machine, that represents a real life test comparison that is valid and repeatable, since all of the bows are tested on the same machine with the same test criteria.

Yup.
Hooked on Phonics......Helping kids read gooder since 1970.

http://www.NorthlandGameCalls.com
BK in TEXAS

Postby rwsbow » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:27 pm

jwillis wrote...."If someone brings an ACS, Black Widow, Wallace, Sovereign, Belcher, Morrison, Shrew, Stuart, or whatever, and puts it on the shooting machine, that represents a real life test comparison that is valid and repeatable, since all of the bows are tested on the same machine with the same test criteria."

That would go over like a lead balloon...the "people with an agenda" will say that it was detuned for hunting, or not set up correctly...a verifiable account of the bow's performance would not be believeable by the "bowyer's groupies"..or that the Pirate's bows were hotrodded and their's wasn't...unless they would volunteer to send a bow in, there will always be the naysayers...regretfully...

Besides, they have everything to lose and nothing to gain...what happens when TJ's "Estemyer's Custom" bow blows a Black Widow or Adcock out of the water?...they lose "face" in front of their entourage...

They will change their minds in a few years when the bows that these master craftsmen are building here on the Pirate's site become more widely recognized..then there will be no refuting the results...in the meantime, you guys just keep kicking ass!!!! :twisted: ;) ...it's fun to see imaginative minds at work!!
The reason I support the 2nd Amendment is because I'm too young to die but too old for an ass whoopin' ! 

rwsbow

Postby Yohon » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:34 pm

"...it's fun to see imaginative minds at work!!" That's exactly right Roger!!! It's a hoot to watch these guys on here and see all the great info passed along as well as the pieces of artwork thats turned out from these guys.
Welcome to the USSA
Yohon

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Walk the Talk