Skip to content

People are talking....

This forum is dedicated to exchanging information for the Walk the Talk event.

Re: People are talking....

Postby jwillis » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:24 pm

I find it interesting to see production bows tested side-by-side with garage ninny bows and compare the resulting speed. It points out the flaws in a bow very quickly. I'd love to see some of the production bows tested that I've heard people rave about in the forums--like a Black Widow recurve and longbow especially. For example, last year I noticed an efficiency-robbing design flaw in the A&H limb that would be easy to improve. Jim
My bow making blog is live at... http://www.buildyourownbow.com

Click here to see the Build Your Own Bow Facebook fan page at...http://www.facebook.com/BuildYourOwnBow
jwillis

Postby BK in TEXAS » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:45 pm

rwsbow wrote:That would go over like a lead balloon...the "people with an agenda" will say that it was detuned for hunting, or not set up correctly...a verifiable account of the bow's performance would not be believeable by the "bowyer's groupies"..or that the Pirate's bows were hotrodded and their's wasn't...unless they would volunteer to send a bow in, there will always be the naysayers...regretfully...

Very very true. There always are people not willing to open their eyes or even consider changing their mind. There are though, lots who don't have such myopia.

rwsbow wrote:They will change their minds in a few years when the bows that these master craftsmen are building here on the Pirate's site become more widely recognized..then there will be no refuting the results...in the meantime, you guys just keep kicking ass!!!! :twisted: ;) ...it's fun to see imaginative minds at work!!

Abso-frickin-lutely!

BK
Hooked on Phonics......Helping kids read gooder since 1970.

http://www.NorthlandGameCalls.com
BK in TEXAS

Postby Hank » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:46 pm

The one thing I noticed about the A&H uber bow is after the shot the limbs were flopping all over.

Guess they are flopping in unison :)
a genetically modified by aliens life form, known as Hank
Hank

Postby mike robin » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:56 am

Hank wrote:The one thing I noticed about the A&H uber bow is after the shot the limbs were flopping all over.

Guess they are flopping in unison :)

its harmonic Hank-----you should know that ;)

screw the naysayers!!
mike
chicks dig me
mike robin

Postby stealth » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:17 pm

I just spent the weekend with Mike Robin shooting his WTT bow. Its a real beauty..pulls super smooth, real comfortable. pointable and like all his longbows, no hand shock. It came lighter than he wanted its a real looker.

For 1 year when I was writing for Doug Walkers Western Bowhunter, I tested recurves and longbows and wrote my reports. These were all independent tests and I did all the shooting when chronographing. I don't care what anyone out there thinks or says, you fellas are doing it right when shooting. Put the damn bow in a machine, run the arrow through a chrony and record the results. If someones feelings get hurt because the speed isn't what they anticipated...TOUGH.
I had one guy tell me his bow would shoot 195 fps on average with 8 grains per lb...guess what...it shot 178...and he told me don't run the article after stating my chrony was off.

I look forward to the results of your testing because independent bowyers are making some fine products out there, even if they don't sell them for profit. Plus it gives the bowyer a good reference on how his bow performs against similiar bows of bow/arrow weight. If anyone out there takes offense to the "non scientific" methods used because their bow isn't the fastest as they adveritse......Screw em....That High Seat they sit on may just need those legs sawed off a few feet. Keep the Faith..............Joe Skipp/Renegade Archery NY
Doesn't take much to make me happy....Bombay Saphire Gin, limes, Sprite to mix it with and a slutty broad on my lap....
stealth

Postby Kenro » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:52 pm

Stealth,
Well said and SPOT ON!!
Im raising a glass in toast to that. :D
(well....its actually a can of monster energy drink) Thanks for the positive words. ;)
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby BK in TEXAS » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:50 pm

Kenro wrote:Im raising a glass in toast to that. (well....its actually a can of monster energy drink)

Hmmmm.....FD's putting Methane in his bow....Ken's putting Red Bull in his....maybe these Green Bay guys have the right idea.......
Hooked on Phonics......Helping kids read gooder since 1970.

http://www.NorthlandGameCalls.com
BK in TEXAS

Postby Kirkll » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:54 pm

i like this guy Stealth.....right on! renigade archery Huh? i like the sound of that too. :D

LOL! BK that's Goooood! :lol: :lol: :lol: i wonder if cattle farts are going to do anything for mine? :?
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Postby jwillis » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:55 am

Good stuff Stealth! I couldn't agree more. Jim
My bow making blog is live at... http://www.buildyourownbow.com

Click here to see the Build Your Own Bow Facebook fan page at...http://www.facebook.com/BuildYourOwnBow
jwillis

Postby BullMtnArchery » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:25 pm

Thought since being on vacation I would kick back with a bigger glass of whiskey on the rocks watching the waves hit the sandy beaches here on the Island of Maui and take a peak at my favorite bowsite, PIRATES OF ARCHERY before my wife tells me enough archery we are on vacation. And guess what, the drama of TG has unfolded again making an attack on us Pirates....
It makes me think back to what TJ (the 17 year old who is going to kick some ass and take names later) said on another thread about there being more drama over on TG than a group of high school cheerleaders........... It also makes me think about a show I watch, Burn Notice. Sam one of the characters describes FBI agents as "Just a bunch of whiney bitches" That would describe TG........

Ken, for someone to think you are doing this as a way to increase bow sales well then they have been smokin something. No where has the WTT been used by anyone I have seen on here as a way to sell their bows. This year you have gone out of your way to make it an even playing field. No matter if it is a 40# bow or a 60# bow it will still have the same string, brace height and a 10gpp arrow shot out of the same shooting machine setup. This has always been a event for people to have fun and build outside their norm, do some testing right on the edge of disaster and success..........................We all have thick skin over here, that is what makes us Pirates.................

Ken, all the effort and time you have put into this is just amazing. Thank you very much for providing the space and your time. You are DA MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And to those donating supplies thank you.
Being that I am not driving I will have another in a toast to you.

Brock
"Never mistake kindness for weakness"
"Character is the type of person you are when no one is around"
BullMtnArchery

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Walk the Talk