Skip to content

Importaint topics! ALL WTT entries read this

This forum is dedicated to exchanging information for the Walk the Talk event.

Importaint topics! ALL WTT entries read this

Postby Kenro » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:35 pm

First off, I just wanted to let out the info that Rob K of LAS offered to supply the strings for us. I TOOK HIM UP ON IT AND WAS GRINNING LIKE > :D :D :D :D :D

So that brings us to the entry fee again. I looked back in the "welcome to WTT III thread" and It was decided by yall as a group that it was to be $30.00

But now since I dont have to do them all and provide material the cost of the entry can come back down a little. ( and I do more > :D )

So how bout it $15.00 ? + $5.00 for each bow after that??? If this is still to much let me know. I want this decided on by the weekend as WTT III is coming up real fast!!! only 5 weeks left!! :)

2nd) is it really that importaint that we do 5 shots? can we go to 4 or even 3 for an average? I only ask this because last year it got a little manotinous and people just wanted to get outside and shoot. It doesnt really matter to me I guess but its hard to entertain that many people. OR..........If we cut the number of 10gpp shots we can throw in some 9gpp shots. (which I may just do anyway for those that want me to test their bows at those specs in addition to the 10)

OK, lines are open and please keep it brief.
Thanks ;)
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Re: Importaint topics! ALL WTT entries read this

Postby Kirkll » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:01 am

i think the 3 shot average would work as well as five.....is that what you did last year?

how do you want the entry fees sent in Ken?
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Postby Kenro » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:24 am

Well lets just get an opinion from as many as possible before we decide. I'll PM everyone I can think of and thats on the list.
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby Hornseeker » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:59 am

Entry fee is fine either way.. What is the money going to? You? Ben? Both? WTT Fund?? Just curious...it doesn't matter. I'll pay $30...I'll pay $15.. .whatever.

I think if you get more than 2 fps variation in the first 3...you may want to do 5?? What you think????

E
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby Kenro » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:08 am

Hornseeker wrote:What is the money going to? You? Ben? Both? WTT Fund?? Just curious...it doesn't matter. I'll pay $30...I'll pay $15.. .whatever

Not to me, I can guarantee that!!! I dont know,but I would like to see at least a small cut go to Ben. And a cut of it we can put up for grabs in all the classes if you guys want. I can also put some into the shooting event out here but then thats not fair to those that dont attend and just send them in.We need peoples input here.
Kenro

Postby Hornseeker » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:38 am

You know...really...I think it would be cool to keep it in a WTT fund (besides what we give Ben)...and possibly buy a traveling setup? IF it seems that everyone still wants this to be a yearly event.

????

Another cool thing...would be to buy some top quality materials and distribute them to some entrants?? Like in a drawing or something? Tools?? I dont know.

instead of the winner taking all... we could just have a drawing and that dude would get a grizzly gift certificate or something??? I dont know..

E
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby jwillis » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:21 pm

Ken, that sounds fine to me. The entry fee for the first bow should also cover the cost of a t-shirt, which will be about $9 per shirt plus shipping. If I ship out the shirts in a flat rate Priority Mail box, that would be $10.35 or something like that. Some address destinations cost less so I'm still not sure of the best way to handle that. Jim
My bow making blog is live at... http://www.buildyourownbow.com

Click here to see the Build Your Own Bow Facebook fan page at...http://www.facebook.com/BuildYourOwnBow
jwillis

Postby dustynose » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:31 pm

With the number of shots I am with Hornseeker - 3 will suffice and if theres some variation that exceeds say 2 or 3 fps 5 shots will add some safety. In my experience it is just under outdoor conditions with changing light that suspicious and varying numbers happen. As the whole set up seems to make sure stable and repeatable conditions for each shot there can only be great differences when something in the performance quality of the bow changes - with natural material bows that would mean it becomes slower... :(

Although there will be no need to send my bows back I forgot that I would like to buy 2 WTT T-Shirts in XL....

Entry fee should be as needed to support the event and to make it fun for the people who are able to attend.

Hanno
dustynose

Postby BK in TEXAS » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:47 pm

If each of the 3 shots is within 2-3 FPS (about 1%). I don't think it's going to make a difference if 5 shots are taken. If there seems to be a greater variation than that, then yes there should be 5 shots.

Entry fee is fine whatever is decided, so long as it is enough to cover Ken's & others expenses.

Bobby
Hooked on Phonics......Helping kids read gooder since 1970.

http://www.NorthlandGameCalls.com
BK in TEXAS

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:36 pm

i like ernies idea with the gift certificate, maybe even to lancaster or another archery joint? but heck, id prefer the grizzly one. :D for sure give a cut to ben, whatever you think he deserves, then save the rest for a drawing for the gift card or whatever.

15 bucks is fine for an entry fee id think, 5 bucks each extra bow is great too. i like it ken ;)

3 shots is fine, and like the other guys said if a difference greater than or equal to 3 fps occurs then we should shoot 5 shots with that bow.

theres .02 for ya ken ;)
Save a tree, shoot a buck

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Walk the Talk