Skip to content

New WTT III Shooting machine

This forum is dedicated to exchanging information for the Walk the Talk event.

Re: New WTT III Shooting machine

Postby badger5149 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:31 am

Nice job on that ken, it came out great. Might be better than the hooter shooter anyway. Steve
badger5149

Postby Hornseeker » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:20 am

You went all out on that thing dude... sweeeeeeeeeeeet. ;) now I have a good image in my head to build one myself! Thanks very much...

Why is your takedown a pain to build?? Just curious...

E
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby Kenro » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:30 am

E, Yeah it works 10times better than the last one and accepts odd shaped bows better due to the thick rubber grabbers in the clamps. theres enough there to conform around almost any palm swell or thumb shelf.

Hornseeker wrote:Why is your takedown a pain to build?? Just curious...

Man, I dont even wanna talk about that one :( I almost cant wait to give that one away to my nephew and never look back at that design again. I wish now that I wouldnt have let anyone even see it. :roll:
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby Hornseeker » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:24 am

Oh I see...cause of the flush fit limbs and maching riser/wedges and such... Yeah...I think if a guy builds something like that and doesnt have some sort of really good "system"...he'd have to charge several hundred more dollars for it!!!

Anyhow...cool on the machine. I hope I have time to build one someday :roll:
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby Gino Bruno » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:18 am

ken- i'll have to get cote to post his process for doing the riser that way. the pics that i sent to you and e at the beginning of the winter was done with his equipment (other than the drilling) and he said it was really easy to put together. personally, i like that look on your riser better than the other one where it is not flush....... it is VERY nice. if you could come up with an easier way to do it (without having to buy a mill) would you consider building them that way?
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby Kenro » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:22 am

Gino Bruno wrote:if you could come up with an easier way to do it (without having to buy a mill) would you consider building them that way?

Well in that case HELL YEAH! :D But I do have my eye on getting that mill anyway. Just to many things I already know will save me time and big jing in the long run.
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby Gino Bruno » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:25 am

well if it is time savings that you are after......... DON'T GET A MILL!!!!! it will slow you WAY down. don't take that just from me, ask bill. while it is accurate, it is a SLOW process. for production, jigs or a CNC router is the ticket.
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby Kenro » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:05 am

Gino Bruno wrote:well if it is time savings that you are after......... DON'T GET A MILL!!!!! it will slow you WAY down.

Then you havnt seen the ways i have been doing things :roll:(pretty pathetic & probably funny to watch) Thing is, certain jigs dont really work for me because I have to build something different every time. accuracy is paramout and in that case for me slower IS faster.
The stacking measureing and grinding and then building the two seperate glueing jigs (that I'll never use again) for that bow, took way longer than if i could have just milled it all off at once to the proper limb angle and depth. Not trying to argue the point, just saying in my case constant jig use isnt feesable doing "custom" work all the time. having said that, I do know that it does take me longer to build em 1 at a time and in doing so the money isnt very good at all when you add it up.
Kenro

Postby jwillis » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:52 pm

Ken, Yep, it's the BOW I was asking about. That is one fine looking riser! That thing has got to be worth figuring out an easy way to build. I keep coming back to this thread to look at it. I finally just copied the pics to my hard drive so I could look at them whenever I want. That's the coolest looking bow I've seen in a long time. It combines the super profile of your drag racer one-piece with the innovative looking take down riser. Also, it has a rich, golden color to it...I'm not sure if it's the photography or the variation of zebra you found. Very cool. :D Jim
My bow making blog is live at... http://www.buildyourownbow.com

Click here to see the Build Your Own Bow Facebook fan page at...http://www.facebook.com/BuildYourOwnBow
jwillis

Postby Kenro » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:28 pm

jwillis wrote:Also, it has a rich, golden color to it...I'm not sure if it's the photography or the variation of zebra you found. Very cool. Jim

Yup, camera trickery. :D But it is bacote not zebra.
Kenro

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Walk the Talk