Skip to content

New WTT III Shooting machine

This forum is dedicated to exchanging information for the Walk the Talk event.

New WTT III Shooting machine

Postby Kenro » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:19 pm

Well, I guess I could give all a yall walk the talkers a little taste of what you'll see at this years WTT III. I was going to try to hold off till the event but.....ahh hell, what for? If anything this may help see how serious we are in keeping things as fair as possible from bow to bow. (and hopefully get the frenzy going for the event again. :D )

This shooting rig is totally adjustable from the back end and the clamp will accept anything Ive tried so far when it comes to riser shapes. Once clamped in and the release mechanism is clipped on, the back end triggering mechanism can be raised or lowered to match the shelf height by just a quick spin of the knobs. then again with a quick spin adjustment can be adjusted to left or right to match the sight window thickness giving the whole process of shooting the bow totally torque free while pulling it to the trigger. (last year some bows with pronounced shapes had to be messed with to get them clamped in the vice correctly)
The new machine is also totally acceptable to left hand bows and gives a fair shot against the right handers. (but still, everyone knows lefty bows arent as fast as the right handers :lol: ) Simply lift the whole trigger cord out of the slot and place it in the left side. Clamp in the wrong handed bow and fire away. 8-)

Next thing is to get it all purdied up for the event so I'll at least have that to hold over all yer heads for another 7 weeks! :P
GAME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Re: New WTT III Shooting machine

Postby GraemeK » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:46 pm

Hi Ken
The new machine looks great.
I really have to get organised and put a bow together to send over.

Graeme
GraemeK

Postby Gino Bruno » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:20 am

looks great, ken!
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby jwillis » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:07 am

WOW, that is fantastic! Great job, Ken.

I noticed that it is fairly light in construction. Will a couple of sand bags keep it from absorbing the shock of the bow, or does that matter? I've noticed in videos that the Hooter Shooter jumps quite a bit when shot.

BTW...I owe you the t-shirt profit from last year that was designated for helping finance the shooting machine. I need to tally that total and send you a check or bring it with me to WTT3.

Jim
My bow making blog is live at... http://www.buildyourownbow.com

Click here to see the Build Your Own Bow Facebook fan page at...http://www.facebook.com/BuildYourOwnBow
jwillis

Postby jwillis » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:08 am

Oh...and your new bow looks really good in the machine, too!

Click here to see the Build Your Own Bow Facebook fan page at...http://www.facebook.com/BuildYourOwnBow
jwillis

Postby Kenro » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:24 am

jwillis wrote:I noticed that it is fairly light in construction. Will a couple of sand bags keep it from absorbing the shock of the bow, or does that matter? I've noticed in videos that the Hooter Shooter jumps quite a bit when shot.

We wont have to worry about that this year. I am going to put two eye bolts in at each end about mid way up the framing and then another will be rawled right into the concreat floor and then a ratchet strap will hook to each end and through the eye bolt in the floor and cinched down super tight.

jwillis wrote:BTW...I owe you the t-shirt profit from last year that was designated for helping finance the shooting machine. I need to tally that total and send you a check or bring it with me to WTT3

Thanks, but nope, I wont have it. You can use it to put into something else or.. If anything Id like to get a little side kitty for our camera guy Ben. You wouldnt even believe how much time he put into bringing us the last one. This next one is gearing up to be almost twice the work for him possibly having more days to cover. Im not building him another bow so Im just going to pay him reguardless. :)
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby jwillis » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:21 pm

OK...

Do you have any more pics of the bow in the machine?

Jim

jwillis

Postby Kenro » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:34 pm

jwillis wrote:Do you have any more pics of the bow in the machine?

Did you mean of the bow itself? or of the bow being IN the machine from a wider angle view?
Kenro

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:25 pm

thats way cool ken! i cant get over how much i like that t/d, too bad its a pain in the butt to make them like that.

hey, remember when we couldnt figure out where the weight differences in the partner bow came from, well we have the same scale, so i still have no idea how we came up with different measurements. ah well.....
Save a tree, shoot a buck

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Postby Kirkll » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:57 pm

Nice job Ken.... are you sure that thing will hold my weird shaped bow? :shock:
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Walk the Talk