Skip to content

Another claim of grounbreaking speed

This forum is dedicated to exchanging information for the Walk the Talk event.

Re: Another claim of grounbreaking speed

Postby jwillis » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:11 pm

Kenro wrote:
Gino Bruno wrote:ken..... you might have someone knocking on the door for a shot at your title.

:lol: Yup..........

They or anyone else can have it far as Im concerned. Come gettchya some.

That's right...bring it on! I'd love to see some seriously fast bows shooting it out at WTT!

Belcher's bow looks like a really good bow. I'd love to see it and shoot it.

Jim
My bow making blog is live at... http://www.buildyourownbow.com

Click here to see the Build Your Own Bow Facebook fan page at...http://www.facebook.com/BuildYourOwnBow
jwillis

Postby njstykbow » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:38 pm

Posted by JP on the LW thread:

1st shooter 200 fps. 200 fps. 200 fps. 2nd shooter 199 fps. 199 fps. 199 fps. 3rd shooter 206 fps. 205 fps. 206 fps.

I used to pride myself on having a smooth and consistent release, but to have three guys just show up and shoot 9 shots through the chrono and there was only a variance of 1 fps on one shot? What are the chances of three world-class releases showing up in succession and shooting that bow?

Joe
njstykbow

Postby Hornseeker » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:23 am

That would be something Joe... obviously possible... but not likely... one of them, "hafta seeit ta baleevit" deals...

E
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby Kenro » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:03 pm

They just simply need to give the "realistic" public what they want and set up that hooter shooter for 26 1/4" from the throat of the grip to trigger point,, use a 10gpp (average hunting arrow)and get this out of the way. not people finger shot- machine shot. I totally understand that some guys want to see what bows will do from a "human shot" standpoint, ok,,WE GET IT, seen it now. But there still remains arguements of finger shot inconsistencys. I dont understand all the dancing around doing a 10gpp machine shot advertisement. By the videos they obviously have the facilitys. It seems every other type of shooting combo has been tried with this bow. Im wondering why not WTT specs. Almost everyone on the archery boards has now seen WTT II. and Im guessing ESPECIALLY most of the pro bowyers too. ADMIT IT!! IF YOURE READING THIS HERE IN THE WTT TOPICS AREA, YOU'VE SEEN IT!!! (lurkers)

Now dont anyone take that as a "call out" i personally could care less about this bows speed or ANY bows performance for that matter, but unless we as bowyers are ready to give the public what they want to see when they say "prove it", probably shouldnt say to much. I mean, do we really need to be so afriad to not have the best of everything? But if ya got it , great!! Im the first one there to pat em on the back with a smile and an honest handshake.

(sorry for the rant, I think FD is kind of rubbing off on me) :lol:
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby Gino Bruno » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:35 pm

Kenro wrote:

Now dont anyone take that as a "call out" i personally could care less about this bows speed or ANY bows performance for that matter

my tired ass...... thats what???? the 3rd or 4th time you have said you don't care about speed or performance directly after posting about it. :lol: you wouldn't post on this if you didn't care. ;) say what you want, but a champ will always be interested in defending his title....... regardless if he admits it or not 8-)..... especially someone who is naturally as competitive in everything as you are :twisted: ......... just razz'n ya bud!

if they want to test it with fingers, they could always do the method that ibex uses where you take an arrow and cut it to 28" and use a square back broadhead to stop the arrow from being drawn back any further. obviously it will not be perfect, but it will be very close for what finger shooters could expect.

while i certainly think some things in their testing is a little out of whack, the IBO speed testing was legit which puts that bow right in the high end of average at IBO.... i can't imagine it will place any different at WTT specs. however, i really dislike threads like this. remember when "200fps @ 10gr/lb was impossible" (LMAO)..... it was impossible because a few said it was.... that pessimistic attitude is what kept them down..... well, that and trying relatively the same shit while expecting different results. we all know that 200fps is possible now thanks to ken even if only a few of us knew it back before WTT. so if 200 is now "stamped and approved as being legit" by a few, why not 205?

what i am getting at is...... most of us here know what it takes to get a bow into the 190s and what that bow might look like. most of us also have a good idea of what a 200fps will look like. the hard numbers don't lie and we have IBO specs for that bow so we have a dang good idea of what it will or will not do at 10gr/lb. so regardless of what is said on another site, why should we worry about or come down so negatively on what somebody else is doing? personally, i think this kind of pessimism reflects poorly on WTT and is in the exact opposite spirit of what WTT stands for.... atleast after ken took the reigns.

bottom line is, either they will send one or they won't..... i guarantee they know about the contest. if they do, great, if not, that is ok too. but threads like this do nothing good for WTT and they sure as hell turn me off. you guys want pros to send their bows?????? this IS NOT the way to go about it. jmo
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby Kenro » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:12 pm

Gino Bruno wrote:the 3rd or 4th time you have said you don't care about speed or performance

Nope, actually only the second.
Gino Bruno wrote:say what you want, but a champ will always be interested in defending his title....... regardless if he admits it or not

Again, not really. What I AM interested in,,, is seeing what the "true" numbers of "that" recurve will do. (WTT specs) Like a few other people on the leatherwall thread and here have eluded to also.

i'd imagine that it will be in the low to mid 180s at 10gr/lb @28" which is still respectable. 209 would be awesome but something would have to be WAY out of whack from a confirmed IBO speed of mid 250s. i just don't see 209 (or even 192-193) coming from a limb that wide and that conventional looking

AND
Gino Bruno wrote:while i certainly think some things in their testing is a little out of whack

OK, now theres some realistic thinking........ but the makers of that bow would also be able to view that as a "pessimistic" attitude. Or one that could be viewd as saying "BULLSHIT" I in no way was trying to come off as pessimistic saying there numbers werent "possible". However I will say that they are "unlikely" to be (and Im totally agreeing with you)anything much over 190 @ 28" AMO @10GPP. I test what I can get ahold of too and though Ive not tested nearly as many,and none at IBO specs. I have a "fairly"(and I'll use that term loosly) decent idea about what will do what.

Kenro wrote:i personally could care less about this bows speed or ANY bows performance for that matter, but unless we as bowyers are ready to give the public what they want to see when they say "prove it", probably shouldnt say to much.

I still stand behind that statement,, but I should have added the term "salesman" bowyers. and I still say that unless youre ready to give good telltail video of what people want to see or in front of mass witnesses that know some things it will get you "called out." Just the nature of that beast I think.
Gino Bruno wrote:i think this kind of pessimism reflects poorly on WTT and is in the exact opposite spirit of what WTT stands for.... atleast after ken took the reigns.

Kenro wrote:But if ya got it , great!! Im the first one there to pat em on the back with a smile and an honest handshake.

I also whole heartedly stand behind that statement!!! I really dont care if someone takes fastes bow reighns. and personally Id like to see it be ither TJ, Kirk, or Jimbo. Tho Im not going to just roll over and play dead on the game, winning it means a BIG FAT ZERO to me. win lose or draw I'll make up the best bow I can and give the contest all I got. What really does mean something about WTT to me is getting to hang out with a bunch of bow junkies and throwin smack and having a good ol time for a weekend.

Gino Bruno wrote: you guys want pros to send their bows?????? this IS NOT the way to go about it. jmo

I totally agree with that, these types of threads are NOT the way to get pros to send in bows to our event. 100% agree with that. but..When things get started like say.. threads with "videos" of a guy advertising his bows with what some say are conflicting results and its pointed out, people start asking questions and thats what got my curiosity going about it too. I didnt jump on the "frenzy" bandwagon, it was out of my own curiosity that I wanted to see results based on the way we test for our event. as did some others. ;)
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby Kenro » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:23 pm

Gino,
BTW I also agree this thread shouldnt have been put in WTT area. As I stated I dont want the image of WTT to be about call outs and saying B.S. I want it to be about people getting builders together having sort of a pirate family reunion, talking about bows, improving them, shooting bows and just hanging out in a peaceful atmosphere eating good food shared with good friends. At least as long as I host the event. after this one you guys can do with it as you all want. :lol:
Kenro

Postby Gino Bruno » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:35 pm

you didn't read your PM did ya. :lol: :D.... only the first paragraph of that was toward you. most of what i said toward you was just me screwing with you because i don't believe that you don't care about different bow's performances. you would not host WTT, build a legit 200fps bow, or even post in this or the LW thread if you truly didn't care. i also don't believe that you don't care about that numero uno spot at WTT........ and you know what, that is fantastic...... who wouldn't (except for maybe pansie liberals who think we should all be equal). the rest of what i said was aimed at this thread in general and especially any hardcore pessimists. try as much as you want buddy, but that modest approach of yours ain't fooling me....... especially since i know how competitive your background is including archery and other sports outside of archery. :P

btw, all he ever started off with was a video of him testing at IBO spec...... somebody else jumped on the bandwagon for speed...... infact, i don't even think he started the thread..... somebody else did. maybe instead of trashing on belcher, you guys should press "JP" to send in his personal bow to WTT if it is that important to ya...... after all, he is the one that started the thread on the LW which led to this thread which looks so nice seeing as though it is associated with the WTT event. ;)
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby Kenro » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:23 pm

And youi didnt see your PM either :P :D
"I can go on like this all day" (quote by Larry the cable guy)
Gino Bruno wrote:i don't believe that you don't care about different bow's performances. you would not host WTT, build a legit 200fps bow, or even post in this or the LW thread if you truly didn't care

I D O N T C A R E :lol:
If it were for a million dollars. that might change my mind.
I said "I aint gonna just roll over and play dead" :P that statement doesnt mean I'll defend it with serious trash talk and blood and death to the end. Yeah Im competitive but not anywhere near the leval that I used to be. And BTW, My pride will in no way be shaken if someone else makes a faster bow. I meant it when I said-
Kenro wrote:Im the first one there to pat em on the back with a smile and an honest handshake

:)
Kenro

Postby Gino Bruno » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:26 pm

nah, i know that you if anybody, would be the first to shake a guy's hand and mean it whole heartedly..... it doesn't change the fact that it is fun to screw with ya. :twisted:
Gino Bruno

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Walk the Talk