Skip to content

Well, Hows Everyone Doing??

This forum is dedicated to exchanging information for the Walk the Talk event.

Re: Well, Hows Everyone Doing??

Postby Kirkll » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:20 pm

Ahhhhh.... words of wisdom from the bucket perspective....ya just gotta love that..... :D

i just hate it when those little voices use too many four letter words though. :shock:

Hey Ken.... did i tell you my daughter bought me a camo bucket with a padded seat for Christmas! :o I kid you not bro :D the thing even has a lazy susan balbearing set up on the lid so you can rotate your perspective with ease.... :lol: :lol: i take it goose hunting and put a heater in the thing too. :D

yup Jim, that is frustrating... i've got to the point where i do that last bit of fine tuning totally by hand with a long block and 120 grit...if you get everything balanced out and there is still a bit of limb twist.... put the sand paper away and use the force....i'm not pulling your leg either...there are other ways to straighten limbs that will hold well.....or if the slight twist is towards the shelf, leave it there and call it an artistic flaw.. :D it will help your arrow clearance too...
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Postby Kenro » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:28 pm

Kirk,
sounds like that be some quality "bucket time". :D
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby Hornseeker » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:47 pm

Well...its hustle time now... I have the riser finished, but need to final tiller/time and finish at least two sets of limbs... gonna plan to have them done by Wednesday and in the mail thursday...you should have them by Monday at the latest... :mrgreen:
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby BullMtnArchery » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:11 am

I planned on mailing mine before I went on vacation by time got away. It will be in the mail on Tuesday or Wednesday for sure. When I get home I will email the string length.
Brock
"Never mistake kindness for weakness"
"Character is the type of person you are when no one is around"
BullMtnArchery

Postby Hornseeker » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:59 pm

Well... I have spent about 1 hour shooting my all foam double carbon today... and I am at peace...If it only shoots 172 fps (no offense to anyone whose bow shoots that speed)... I will be Happy as a Lark! Or a faggot in a weiny factory... whichever analogy you prefer ;) I am shooting some 500 grainers out of it right now and its about 57#... SWEEEET and probably just slightly over 172 fps :? ;) And... Dead....and when I pay attention...its stacking them in real nice...

Only misgiving is going to be the possibility I wont be using it for turkey... :roll:
Hornseeker

Postby Kirkll » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:09 pm

i got one going in the spray booth this evening, limbs on two more went in the oven this am, and i'm still tinkering with the T/D Sasquatch....hells bells! i'm turning into a pumpkin here. :o gotta get these things shipped on Tues/wednesday....where'd the time go????
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Postby Kirkll » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:01 pm

I went to the Easter family gathering and ate way too much ham, came home and laid up another set of limbs, put the epoxy grain fill coat on one bow, and got those limbs fitting good on the T/D Sasquatch.... :D

tomorrow is going to be a long day in the shop, but i'm making serious headway....i promise i'll get strig measurements for you tomorrow Ken.... i'm up to my ass in aligators here. :shock:

btw.... i am really looking forward to being there. :D
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Kirkll

Postby Kirkll » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:25 pm

Kenro wrote:Kirk,
sounds like that be some quality "bucket time". :D

WTT bucket engineering going on here....

kirk@bigfootbows.com

Kirkll

Postby Hornseeker » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:25 am

Man...what are the limb pad angles on the beast!?

Cool pic man...

I frickin swear... this is my 3rd WTT and the 3rd time I am struggling to get the bows in the mail! I'm leaving work early today (like in an hour! :o :roll: ) and going home to write on my limbs and spray one last coat... Then get them boxed up and to the Post Office... sorry Kendog... but if I get them in the mail this afternoon you probably wont have them till Tuesday.... :oops: I know... I am Bungholio.... I come to shoot your cocobungholio bow.... hehehehe

E
Hornseeker

Postby Kirkll » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:18 am

Hornseeker wrote:Man...what are the limb pad angles on the beast!?

Cool pic man...

I frickin swear... this is my 3rd WTT and the 3rd time I am struggling to get the bows in the mail! I'm leaving work early today (like in an hour! :o :roll: ) and going home to write on my limbs and spray one last coat... Then get them boxed up and to the Post Office... sorry Kendog... but if I get them in the mail this afternoon you probably wont have them till Tuesday.... :oops: I know... I am Bungholio.... I come to shoot your cocobungholio bow.... hehehehe

E

This is the first peek at the T/D beast i'm calling the "Yeti" bro... you get credit on that idea.... the pad angle is 31 degrees. hell the cat's out of the bag now. i was saving this one for a suprize entry at WTT, but i'm still up to my neck in bugs here. it may not make the trip.

here's a better shot of it.

kirk@bigfootbows.com

Kirkll

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Walk the Talk