Skip to content

Well, Hows Everyone Doing??

This forum is dedicated to exchanging information for the Walk the Talk event.

Re: Well, Hows Everyone Doing??

Postby Kenro » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:19 pm

Kirk, NO WAY, is that sthing keeping a string on it!! :P You bring that thing to WTT and I'll have to ask everyone to sign a waiver. :shock: When we go to weigh it in on friday, Im standing outside while you pull it on the scale :o

:lol: :lol:

Man that thing looks deadly!! I LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby Hornseeker » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:07 am

Kirk... OUT A DA BOX... Lavender!
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby Kirkll » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:55 pm

ll to answer your question honetsly...i was keeping a string on it, and had it on the tree weighing in at 55@16" :shock: :shock: keep in mind it started out at an 8" brace... so a 6 pounds per inch that should make it about 127 @ 28" :o :o :o needless to say i never brought it to full draw....

First time i ever missed my poundage by 72 pounds. :lol: :lol: :lol:

So i figured i'd trap it and trim it down some.... well that brought her down to about 96 @ 28, but i just don't know anyone that draws that kinda weight, this one would even give old Manny a work out....So i ground on them limbs some more.......NOW i cant keep a string on it.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

i don't know whether i got the patience for these dad burn recurves or not guys....that thing flipped over on me twice now. :shock: That last time it belted me pretty hard too....

i think i gound all the tortional stability right out of these limbs. i think its time to cut my losses and move on here before blood is shed. Them limbs are too thin to hold the weight i've got without any width. the only thing i got left to try is sanding the hell out of the glass. then she'll probably blow up on me... :D

The Hero, or the goat.... such is the life of a prototyper...
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Postby Kenro » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:21 pm

Kirkll wrote:i don't know whether i got the patience for these dad burn recurves or not guys....that thing flipped over on me twice now. That last time it belted me pretty hard too....

i think i gound all the tortional stability right out of these limbs. i think its time to cut my losses and move on here before blood is shed.

Previously-
Kenro wrote:Kirk, NO WAY, is that sthing keeping a string on it!! You bring that thing to WTT and I'll have to ask everyone to sign a waiver. When we go to weigh it in on friday, Im standing outside while you pull it on the scale

Hmmmm :? Hank does think Im psychic. :lol:

just bustin ya bud. :P But I did infact give that thing about 15-20 minutes buckett time in your photo before I typed that reply. Felt like I was right there with ya. ;)
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby Kirkll » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:48 pm

what's that saying go like? "There's a fine line between being psychic and psychotic, and i believe i just found it.." :lol: the sad part it how much bucket time it took just tio find the line bro....
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Postby kcbrown » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:45 pm

I just had to show this picture of my WTT bow.
kcbrown

Postby kcbrown » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:52 pm

And another,
kcbrown

Postby Kirkll » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:35 pm

Brotha KC, that is drop dead georgious! :o :o it looks REAL fast too. :D
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Kirkll

Postby kcbrown » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:27 am

Speed seems to be OK, I did not get to spend the time on the bow I would have liked to but it is what it is. The birdeye does not deserve the textured finish but it is quick to lay down.
kcbrown

Postby jwillis » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:33 am

KC, that's a cool looking fang in the riser.

I got my two WTT specials sprayed yesterday with four coats of T-Bird in between wind gusts and raindrops...lol. I'm bringing them with me in the car. These super narrow bows have sure been a learning experience. They've shown me how taking the profile down to the limit affects draw weight and tiller on this profile...good information to know...you know, take it too far then you know how much to dial it back. It looks like a good approach on narrowing limbs for speed is to narrow them down until it just starts losing reflex...take it too far and it will lose too much. Then add more tip wedge on the next one it order to get it narrower. Just thinking out loud here. I'm sure I'm not the only one who reads this site who thinks about bow design and the way limbs bend all of the time. Jim
My bow making blog is live at... http://www.buildyourownbow.com

Click here to see the Build Your Own Bow Facebook fan page at...http://www.facebook.com/BuildYourOwnBow
jwillis

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Walk the Talk