Skip to content

Well, Hows Everyone Doing??

This forum is dedicated to exchanging information for the Walk the Talk event.

Re: Well, Hows Everyone Doing??

Postby Kirkll » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:03 am

jwillis wrote:KC, that's a cool looking fang in the riser.

I got my two WTT specials sprayed yesterday with four coats of T-Bird in between wind gusts and raindrops...lol. I'm bringing them with me in the car. These super narrow bows have sure been a learning experience. They've shown me how taking the profile down to the limit affects draw weight and tiller on this profile...good information to know...you know, take it too far then you know how much to dial it back. It looks like a good approach on narrowing limbs for speed is to narrow them down until it just starts losing reflex...take it too far and it will lose too much. Then add more tip wedge on the next one it order to get it narrower. Just thinking out loud here. I'm sure I'm not the only one who reads this site who thinks about bow design and the way limbs bend all of the time. Jim

Jim, you hit it right on the nose there about stacking them deep and trimming width profiles. :D Good sport isn't it? As long as you dont go throwing a wild recurve into the mix while you are at it, its a great experience.... needless to say, my Shorty revcuve is not going to make the trip this year.... you ever miss your poundage by 72 pounds before? Yup..... 127 @ 28" was a bit much. :shock: i could have sold tickets watching me get a string on that thing. :lol:

Did you finally get some of that carbon to hold for you?

i only ended up with two sets of single carbons that held. and one set i slimmed down too far and it lost its power. the other set was just too light weight to even bother with entering it, so i'm saving that set for my wife.

Looking forward to meeting you Friday night. Kirk
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Postby kcbrown » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:34 pm

Thanks Jim, Its charcoal dymondwood and clear glass.
kcbrown

Postby jwillis » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:16 pm

Kirkll wrote:
jwillis wrote:Did you finally get some of that carbon to hold for you?...Looking forward to meeting you Friday night. Kirk

Yeah, the single carbon is holding up. Its far from perfect and shoots average, but its a shooter and will be an entry...whew...it seems to shoot about the same speed as the double glass version. See you Friday too...looking forward to a big "Wassup BRO." Jim
My bow making blog is live at... http://www.buildyourownbow.com

Click here to see the Build Your Own Bow Facebook fan page at...http://www.facebook.com/BuildYourOwnBow
jwillis

Postby Hornseeker » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:25 am

Well guys, I have two bows, one with two sets of limbs, heading that way...

I hope you all get a chance to shoot both them! I only sent one string...too friggen busy... but maybe someone will have an extra 64" amo string handy....

The one bow has a set of double carbon foams that are trapped pretty good and prettly light in the tips. I dont know how fast it is.... I dont think its a speed demon though... however...I sure like how she shoots... I hope to get all your opinions.. .This bow, being double carbon, really shouldn't be shot by anyone with more than a 29 1/2" draw... sorry...

The other set of limbs with it.. .are foam with glass belly, carbon back... little heavier limb... but still ought to be quick and shoots like a dream...

The other bow, the Zebra one you'll see... has a carbon back with veneers over it... I dont know how fast it is either but I sure love how she shoots...

Let me know guys... If they are junk... set me straight so I can change my evil ways.... :lol:
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby Hornseeker » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:27 am

By the way...I didnt get a chance to take pics of either of these... AND... I was in a hurry on the finishes... so dont laugh about that. I'll give them a 220 rub down when they get home and spray them one last time to make them purty....

Everything is mid to upper fiddy's....

E
Hornseeker

Postby Kirkll » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:13 pm

Hornseeker wrote:Well guys, I have two bows, one with two sets of limbs, heading that way...

I hope you all get a chance to shoot both them! I only sent one string...too friggen busy... but maybe someone will have an extra 64" amo string handy....

The one bow has a set of double carbon foams that are trapped pretty good and prettly light in the tips. I dont know how fast it is.... I dont think its a speed demon though... however...I sure like how she shoots... I hope to get all your opinions.. .This bow, being double carbon, really shouldn't be shot by anyone with more than a 29 1/2" draw... sorry...

The other set of limbs with it.. .are foam with glass belly, carbon back... little heavier limb... but still ought to be quick and shoots like a dream...

The other bow, the Zebra one you'll see... has a carbon back with veneers over it... I dont know how fast it is either but I sure love how she shoots...

Let me know guys... If they are junk... set me straight so I can change my evil ways.... :lol:

Well i just can't see anything you build as being "Junk" bro...but if you just can't bare the shame of these things, i'd be glad to take em home with me and shoot the chit out of em for you. :mrgreen:

i've been shooting my Hawk daily for the last several days trying to get my shooting arm in shape for the weekend..... i've been shooting TJ's now a bit too.
I cant wait to get the feel of those foam limbs. :D
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Postby Hornseeker » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:14 pm

Are you taking your Hawk Kirk?? Just curious.. if so... enter it to see what it does...
Hornseeker

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Walk the Talk