Skip to content

Well, Hows Everyone Doing??

This forum is dedicated to exchanging information for the Walk the Talk event.

Well, Hows Everyone Doing??

Postby Hornseeker » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:24 am

Anyone making any big, noticeable advancements over last year? Who's got the latest, greatest rocket launcher?

I have had so little time to build bows, that every bit of time I do have I end up working on customers bows. Its bringing me Down!! I had big plans to test a few different limbs and haven't built ANY and haven't built a dang machine.

i think in the end, I'll probably build 3 different limbs, get them all shooting good, and just send them over, not knowing what they are going to do....

Anymore talk about shooting some bows through Robs machine at Lancaster???

E
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Re: Well, Hows Everyone Doing??

Postby Kenro » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:21 pm

Hey E,
Dont feel bad, Im in the same boat man. I prolly wont be changing much of anything either. I do have an idea for the riser but thats about it. I think Jimbo is gonna have a trick er two up the old sleeve tho. I know there will be some new players this year (Gino)so I think the bar could stand to see another notch yet. I know hes got something hes not talking about. Hes a sneeky one. :lol: Only two and a half months to go. :D
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby Hornseeker » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:25 pm

Jim and Kirk seem to be the ones doing all the development... I got a feeling old Willis is going to have a smoker... You in the running Kirk?? :mrgreen:
Hornseeker

Postby Kirkll » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:22 pm

i got a couple things in the mill you might say. :D i'm definately getting a bone pile going here...

if nothing else this last prototype is sexy as all get out :lol: :lol: ....i'll be checking my numbers in the next few days.... to give you a hint... all the calculated weight estimates from the pros said i was going to hit 80 - 104 pounds with this stack, and i'm at 51 pounds trapped and tillered to a tee....does that give you an idea? i have hopes of a worth contender.... we shall see... :D :D
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Postby Gino Bruno » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:13 pm

Hornseeker wrote:I have had so little time to build bows, that every bit of time I do have I end up working on customers bows. Its bringing me Down!! I had big plans to test a few different limbs and haven't built ANY and haven't built a dang machine.

E

i am in the EXACT same boat E..... i had such big plans for this winter's bow building season but in mid december found out through the grapevine that a local company was going to be selling out so i jumped at the opportunity (the owner is retiring). well, it has been dejavu from last winter and the only two bows i have built is yohon and TJ's bows and those frigg'n things took up about 3 weeks of prototyping. looks like this week and maybe next week will be fairly free and i am hard at work on getting this new 3 piece longbow design finished up..... it also has a few tweaks to the limbs so a new form will have to be cut..... i am running out of time just to even get a hunting bow build for this season (i have the longbow bug bad this year). i am hoping to have this longbow built in the next 10 days to 2 weeks..... that may be what i have to send to WTT. :cry:
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby BullMtnArchery » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:07 am

Gettin there. Been slow going. I have been busy working on a bow for my youngest son. I have a few coats of finish on it. Plan to have it done with some pics up this weekend.
Anyway, going to put one in the oven this sometime this next week. Brock
"Never mistake kindness for weakness"
"Character is the type of person you are when no one is around"
BullMtnArchery

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:18 pm

I haven't been able to do any tweaking at all, just what ken did with the partner bow. It might end up im only going to be able to build a carbon backed bow rather than a double carbon like I wanted
Save a tree, shoot a buck

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Postby jwillis » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:48 pm

Well, I'm not there yet either. I've been trying to finish up several unfinished bows in my shop and haven't glued up the next WTT trial yet. I still hope to get at least one more glass trial glued and shaped. Jim
My bow making blog is live at... http://www.buildyourownbow.com

Click here to see the Build Your Own Bow Facebook fan page at...http://www.facebook.com/BuildYourOwnBow
jwillis

Postby Hornseeker » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:04 am

I may just enter the bow Dan sent me for the bow swap... :lol: Thing is quick...and sweet too...
Hornseeker

Postby Kirkll » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:17 pm

i finally got my first carbon sliver tonight, if that tells you anything.... :x nobody warned me about those dad bun things. :roll:
it went almost clear though the pad of my thumb :shock: that's going to feel good in the morning...
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Walk the Talk