Skip to content

Leatherwall Thread

This forum is dedicated to exchanging information for the Walk the Talk event.

Re: Leatherwall Thread

Postby Kenro » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:42 pm

OK, everyone step back take a deep breath and loosen your spincters back up before anymore gets said . Im typing right now(Im really slow :roll: )
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby Kenro » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:02 pm

Ok first off I just want to say to Lee, thanks for chiming in here and setting the record strait. I can see based on your last response and wholeheartedly believe you/Rob had no ill intentions. I really really appriciate all you guys are offering for us to continue to build on this event. I take a bit of blame in questioning and confusion wondering if there were any motives not on the up &up. I now see there werent. I also want to thank you and all the rest at LAS for your support of WTT. It really means alot to have the support of such a high class orginization. for everything ,Thank you.

Before any sides get chosen or any bad blood gets started lets remember back that we are all here and doing this event TOGETHER. Not ME,.. WE!! As far as how things got started to invent WTT it really doesnt matter. WE, (together) have sort of evolved it into something that we here all gain from by sharing information freely.(mostly :lol: ) It has become a contest, a format for testing, an event, and a gathering for people who share a commonality. this neednt be tainted by politics or bad blood between people who just build bows. Lets keep what we got going here a good thing.

As for the hosting of the event, I must first say Im honered and flattered that you guys put me up to it again this year.( :roll: thanks) :lol:
I want to appologize that I dont respond very often in reguards that things are indeed taking place and being "organized" this one should go VERY organized. We have a brand new crono for this year complete with an official indoor light setup (actually two of them for running cronos "tandem", a new fully adjustable shooting rig that will accept equally well both right and left hand bows. By fully adjustable I mean that for different grip styles and shelf heights that there will be no "pulling torque" when drawn. Rest assured that things will be taken care of and all you guys need to do is build em up and send em out :) or show up and enyone is welcome to attend. There will be grilled food and free beer. (and soda) Ben (camera guy) has some new ideas for the next TV show we do for WTT. I also have a few ;) As for where WTT is held it really doesnt matter. there is no "thunder" on my part to be stolen. If someone wants, it they got it. No fighting on my part. I merely do it because you all elected me to it. (dont anyone take that wrong, I love hangen out with people that are into this stuff and enjoy meeting and talking with anyone and everyone) :D
I think we need to start over and eliminate any animosities that may have started over a simple missunderstanding. we each need to realize that we cannot inturpret tone over a keyboard and computer screen. so sometimes it pays to ask. remember, we are all in this together. :D

Kenro
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby Gino Bruno » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:19 pm

Kenro wrote: so sometimes it pays to ask.

Kenro

it ALWAYS pays to ask............ bullshit like this would not get started in the first place. i am really disgusted and a bit embarassed by all this.
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby Hornseeker » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:19 pm

8-)
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby Lee Vivian » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:04 pm

Jim,

Don't worry about the logo on the shirts last year! Also, I would not have accepted a free shirt. I bought two because I believed in what you guys are doing, and was happy to contribute to the cause. I wear the shirts here in the showroom, and have had alot of customers ask about the event. I talked to Rob today, and he just wanted to provide a means for guys who want "to see what their bows can do." It was open to bowyers, guys who have custom bows, guys who have older bows, and some older bows from Rob's vast collection of vintage bows, etc. He just wanted to make our facilities available to anyone. I am sure he will post here upon his return from the ATA show. I am here in Lancaster holding down the fort, and missing the Blake Shelton/Miranda Lambert concert there! :evil:

Kenro, our offer to help is a standing offer to WTT...I admit I don't visit the Bowyers threads much, and really didn't know the dates or plans for this year's event. I figured if you needed anything, you would let me know....hell, I would love to drive out and take part in it, and meet you guys in person! I would even bring some PA Dutch food, and maybe some Yuengling for FD.....Maybe in the future.....I would even resort to wearing a cheesehead hat if it got me entry! :oops:

To all involved in this year's WTT, have a great time, drink a beer or two for me, and I can't wait to see the results and video!

Lee
Too many freaks, not enough circuses....
Lee Vivian

Postby Kenro » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:18 pm

Lee,
you'll always get free entry to any event here at the Rohloff farm, no need to wear the "cheese hat" and Im sure Aaron will down a beer or two for ya. I mean case er two. ;)
Thanks again for the extended offer. we really appriciate that :)
Kenro

Postby jipp » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:44 pm

GROUP HUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)
To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
jipp

Postby Kirkll » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:59 pm

jwillis wrote:Maybe this thread should be moved over to the "Walk the Talk" area? I'm in favor of having WTT at Lancaster's, but we'll need to organize quickly. It will really change things. Does this mean our WTT team going to Lancaster's and testing our submitted bows? Jim

I gotta take care of this misunderstanding here and apologized to a few guys i guess.... Jim... i know you are one of the good guys... hell i just built a bow for you....well actually i built two of them :oops: and seriously would like to work with you on drafting up some ideas i have cooking..... but i've reread your post here a bunch of times and i'm still coming up a bit on the confused side of your statement here.... how's a guy supposed to interpret this anyway after all the planning we've done this far ????? seemed like you were jumping ship to me bro? am i missing something here?

First of all guys... i backed off and did some thinking, and talked with Ken today too.... my use of the word "ulterior motives" simply meant exactly what the definition of the word means....like Ken was saying it's hard to read a tone of voice in a key board, and lord knows i come off wrong on occasion....

There are a number of reasons i got excited about this forum. the biggest one was the sharing of knowledge freely among experienced and inexperienced bowyers alike in the spirit of fun, and the betterment of bow design....i realize we all have our own reasons for being a part of this forum.... and that's cool...i just plainly see some guys trying to capitalize on certain things going on here..... Why that bothers me, i can't rightly explain...... My wife tells me "Kirk, Don't take it personal... it's just business." i do this occasionally during the course of my work duties from time to time.... Well dad burn it, this event don't have nothing to do with business the way i have had it explained to me, and watched how it came off last year....if this even gets commercialized i don't want nothing to do with it...

i'm not trying to be disrespectful or bad mouth anyone here at all.... it just bothers me to see all this knowledge freely swapped back and forth in the true spirit of giving and sharing just for for the sake of doing it, and see others licking their chops seeing a buck to be made.....i know... i know... "Kirk, don't take it personal...." but i don't do this stuff to make money.... i do this stuff because i'm passionate about the craftsmanship involved here....everyone has their own agenda i guess, so why should i care....Well i just do care...l can't help it... artists and serious craftsmen are allowed to be excentric and opinionated,,, it says right here in the fine print somewhere...i'm sure it does... :D .... wait a second i'll find it here.... :roll:

i can see where this whole thing was taken out of context. and i really appreciate Lee explaining this original post was in response to another thread on another forum....i'll keep my inner feelings to myself regarding the timing and using archery forums to promote a business....i'm just here to be part of a really good group of guys that believe in each other and a good cause....if this was about making a buck i wouldn't be here at all....so here we are back to ulterior motives again....to each his own i guess......

for me this event is much more than just testing specs on a dad burn bow...it's the gathering of craftsmen and the thrill of the race...not the outcome so much...to each his own

for any toes i stepped on, or wrong assumtions were made.... i appologize....anyone wants to kick my ass, take a number and i'll send you a plane ticket...LOL! :D :D
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Postby Hornseeker » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:11 pm

:D"anyone wants to kick my ass, take a number and i'll send you a plane ticket...LOL! ":mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I dont know Kirk......
If you'll get many takers on that offer???? :o :D
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby BowDonkey » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:51 am

What's the weather like in Oregon right now?
BowDonkey

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Walk the Talk