Skip to content

Shooting Machine and Testing

This forum is dedicated to exchanging information for the Walk the Talk event.

Shooting Machine and Testing

Postby GraemeK » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:48 pm

Well I built a machine (thanks to Ken ) and I have done a little testing and the results are encouraging enough to say I will definitely be sending a bow over for testing -- may even come visit if I can arrange the time.
I am not telling you the speed but its consistent. And who knows I may be able to tweak it a little now I can test easily.
Attachments
IMG_2346.JPG
IMG_2346.JPG (55.97 KiB) Viewed 1857 times
IMG_2349.JPG
IMG_2349.JPG (69.33 KiB) Viewed 1859 times
IMG_2344.JPG
IMG_2344.JPG (47.39 KiB) Viewed 1858 times
GraemeK

Re: Shooting Machine and Testing

Postby Kenro » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:21 pm

Graeme,
Absolutely dont tell about your numbers!!!!!!!!!!! :D ;) (already got me shakin :shock: )

All I'll say is dont give out your side profile pics and recipes. some on here are smart enough to beat you at your own game!!! At the contest is the time for the shareing part of what we do. I mean, I let out pretty much everything I learned a year ago but now its all hush on my new stuff till the next contest :lol: . like you stated its a "contest" or as it is in my eyes, another race.

You did a helluv a job on that machine in short order!!! looks good and sounds like its doing its job. :D
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby GraemeK » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:18 pm

Hi Ken
The shooting machine is not much but the height adjustable base is a winner.

And fancy suggesting someone might steal my intellectual property!!!! But now you mention it they are all pirates.

I will tell you I was correct about the efficiency being better at higher draw weights so I am keen to work on that a little to see If I can find a sweet spot.

If I was coming over for the event where would the closest place be that I could find a motel or something -- I guess the question is what is the address exactly.

Graeme
GraemeK

Postby Kirkll » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:39 pm

I gotta have me one of those adjustable bases for my shooting machine... those are cool! :D :D

that's a good looking bow there!...you sure you don't want to share some spec's with just an old carpenter here? i could use a bit more education on this bow building stuff...feel free to pm me if you don't want to give away your secrets to the masters out there...i'd totally understand 8-) ..Kirk
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Postby GraemeK » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:00 am

Hey Kirk I would love to help you but I really dont know much about it all -- I just guess and hope for the best ;)
Isn't that what everybody does? :?

Graeme
GraemeK

Postby Kenro » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:07 am

GraemeK wrote:Hey Kirk I would love to help you but I really dont know much about it all -- I just guess and hope for the best
Isn't that what everybody does?

Thats EXACTLY what I did at first. Then you begin to understand after a few whats making them "tic" then all you do is lurk around the forums and listen to the guys with alot of building experience talk about what they are doing and pick up a concept or theory here and there and then apply it to what you are doing on your form. Then you can only be accused of pirating an "idea" and evolving it & not a whole form or recipe that someone else has.

And you Graeme, are way ahead of where I was at this time last year!!!!!!! :shock:
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby Gino Bruno » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:08 pm

alright ken you DAWG..... if that is how you want to play..... uhhhm would you believe me when i said this morning that S glass sucks..... errr, uuuhhhm..... oh yeah, it does make a difference where you lay the parallels in your limb when trapping.....

you should be a spy...... you were fish'n for info and i was think'n we were just buddies and i didn't even catch on to it :oops: :lol: . you acting all nicey nice when really you were thinking "all i care about is whipping his and everyone else's ass"..... attaboy, the mark of a true pirate :twisted: ...

btw, ken....... i just got some new foam and some ultra high mod carbon that i was going to send to you..... but i think it will wait until may. :twisted:
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby Kenro » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:54 pm

LMAO!! WHAT??? :) I dunno nutthin :lol:

But you do got the ass whippen part right!! :P At least until the event is over :lol:
Kenro

Postby GraemeK » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:40 pm

Damn I didn't realise my clumsy attempt at subterfuge would work so well.
Must be that the story I spread about us being upside down all our lives makes us dumb has worked. 8-)

I am with Ken "I dunno nutthin :lol: "

Graeme
GraemeK

Postby Kirkll » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:50 pm

GraemeK wrote:Hey Kirk I would love to help you but I really dont know much about it all -- I just guess and hope for the best ;)
Isn't that what everybody does? :?

Graeme

Ah Ha !!!!.....another sand bagger is in the mix i see :shock: :shock:
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Walk the Talk