Skip to content

Food

This forum is dedicated to exchanging information for the Walk the Talk event.

Re: Food

Postby Kenro » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:26 pm

mama raised ya right. Im with ya on that one. ;) we'll just let FD handle our drinking for us.
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby tminish » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:42 pm

tjdeerslayer37 wrote:no thanks ken :P i want me a longggg life of bowbuilding, no dead livers or fried braincells for me. :lol:

Exercise and eat right... yer still gonna die... ;)

Anything in moderation is good... including alcohol. Moderation being the part that is tricky for most folks. For example, moderation for FD would probably give a whole fraternity house alcohol poisoning :shock:
tminish

Postby Feral Donkey » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:53 pm

tjdeerslayer37 wrote:no thanks ken :P i want me a longggg life of bowbuilding, no dead livers or fried braincells for me. :lol:

6 years from now we'll just see about that. One thing you'll learn is alcohol is a valuable tool for getting the females to loosen up a bit and engage in certain adult activities. It also makes you appear to them more hansom, witty, and rich while in reality you're fat, ugly, stupid, and poor. Give it some time. You'll get on board with the rest of us. :lol:

Also remember that being a person who drinks and a person who has a problem with his or her drinking are 2 different things. Don't let those goody-2-shoes in school poison your mind. A grown-up can socially have a few beers with friends while watching a football game or do 15 shots and fall face down in the yard on a Saturday night and not have it control his or her life, end up in an eternity in the lake of fire, or fry out his or her liver. Drinking is a responsibility just like driving, gun ownership, working for a living, flying an airplane, etc... That's all part of being a grown-up. You can do it if you're mature enough to handle it. A lot of people are not mature enough but most of us are. The wonderful thing is in this great big scary free world we're able to make decisions for ourselves and reap the consequences of our actions for better or for worse. The key is to find out what you can and can not handle and stay within the tolerance of what you can handle and it's all good.

And stop sniffing glue!!! :lol: I'm kidding.
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby marc » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:04 pm

I was thinking about doing venison BBQ in place of the burgers this year. The way I do them they are great on a nice hard roll. The nice thing is that I can do all the cooking in advance and all we have to do is heat it up. I figure 10 lbs or so should do us, especially if we do brats too.
"There is a fine line between tough and stupid and I think I found it" Ken Rohloff
"I'd hit that, with my truck" Ken Rohloff
marc

Postby Feral Donkey » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:09 pm

This will be a weekend event so there will probably be multiple feedings. So the more the gooder. :D
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby jwillis » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:36 am

:D
Attachments
food.jpg
food.jpg (142.46 KiB) Viewed 1693 times
Insight_Nov2003_Focus_StateBanquet_large.jpg
Ken's remodeled party barn.
Insight_Nov2003_Focus_StateBanquet_large.jpg (118.62 KiB) Viewed 1693 times
My bow making blog is live at... http://www.buildyourownbow.com

Click here to see the Build Your Own Bow Facebook fan page at...http://www.facebook.com/BuildYourOwnBow
jwillis

Postby Kenro » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:58 am

Kens remodeled party barn?? :lol: Yeah, can you see the new shooting machine and crono in the back of the room?
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:04 pm

marc wrote:I was thinking about doing venison BBQ in place of the burgers this year. The way I do them they are great on a nice hard roll. The nice thing is that I can do all the cooking in advance and all we have to do is heat it up. I figure 10 lbs or so should do us, especially if we do brats too.

what kind of venison BBQ ya talkin? like pulled pork type thing with venison? or what....
Save a tree, shoot a buck

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Postby jwillis » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:08 pm

:D
Attachments
whole hawg.JPG
whole hawg.JPG (73.4 KiB) Viewed 1668 times
My bow making blog is live at... http://www.buildyourownbow.com

Click here to see the Build Your Own Bow Facebook fan page at...http://www.facebook.com/BuildYourOwnBow
jwillis

Postby Feral Donkey » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:50 pm

Here's one we did early last September on my machine.
Attachments
cooked pig (Medium).JPG
cooked pig (Medium).JPG (88.36 KiB) Viewed 1658 times
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Walk the Talk