Skip to content

Team Bow sign-up list **DEADLINE 11/25**

This forum is dedicated to exchanging information for the Walk the Talk event.

Team Bow sign-up list **DEADLINE 11/25**

Postby Gino Bruno » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:47 pm

if you want to enter into the team bow contest, this is the thread to do it. nothing is really set in stone yet though i am figuring on 2 teams. we may end up establishing more teams if there is enough interest. deadline to enter is november 25th and the teams will be established and announced there after. once teams are established, design and construction can begin then. we may set up "secret war rooms" for each team that will be password protected so that only members from that team can discuss design without the other team getting wind of their design. if we do that, those forums will be unlocked at a set date (after both bows are constructed and sent to the event) for all to see and learn from.

so far, the only rules are that the bow will be built on a straight form. any composite or core materials are welcome and the bow can be as long or as short as the team wants. bows will be tested within the same parameters as the hotrod class.

for this thread, only post if you want to sign up just to keep it easy for us to establish who wants to be included.
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Re: Team Bow sign-up list **DEADLINE 11/25**

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:12 pm

ahh heck i suppose i can try to contribute. ;)

im in
Save a tree, shoot a buck

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Postby Kirkll » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:21 am

i'm in
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Postby Kenro » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:53 am

meee :)
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby jwillis » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:35 am

I'm in. This will be fun. Jim
My bow making blog is live at... http://www.buildyourownbow.com

Click here to see the Build Your Own Bow Facebook fan page at...http://www.facebook.com/BuildYourOwnBow
jwillis

Postby Hornseeker » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:58 am

I'd like to play :geek:
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby jwillis » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:43 am

Question about the rules... we have discussed the use of a "straight form." Does this mean that any type of attached siyah or appendage added are prohibited? For example, if these are banned, then "tip reinforcement" will have to be defined and limited so nobody makes a static out of it. Gino, maybe you can rough out a set of rules that we can critique and agree on before we start. Jim
My bow making blog is live at... http://www.buildyourownbow.com

Click here to see the Build Your Own Bow Facebook fan page at...http://www.facebook.com/BuildYourOwnBow
jwillis

Postby Kenro » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:41 pm

Gino Bruno wrote:so far, the only rules are that the bow will be built on a straight form. any composite or core materials are welcome and the bow can be as long or as short as the team wants.

sounds good enough for me :)
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby Hornseeker » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:06 pm

Alright...so the bow is built on a straight form, but after the fact...anything can be glued to it (except cables and wheels?) Can it be a Miq maq? (is that what its called...like ol Jipp built?)

E
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby Feral Donkey » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:09 am

Can it have lazer beams, night vision, and a kung-fu grip? :lol:

I have no say in this, but why don't we keep it simple with regular straight longbows with tip overlays no taller than 1/2"?
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Walk the Talk