Skip to content

WTT arras

This forum is dedicated to exchanging information for the Walk the Talk event.

WTT arras

Postby kennym » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:10 pm

Do you guys use same arras on WTT bows or need arras sent with bows entered?
kennym

Re: WTT arras

Postby Kenro » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:07 pm

This year the arrows will be provided for each of the bows so no need to send anything but the bows and a string that will brace it at 6" if you intend to enter it in the open class. even the strings will be provided for the bows in the regular classes.
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby Kirkll » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:13 pm

Question Ken.... if the arrows are provided, and we are building our own strings.....what size nock are you using on the arrow shafts? or better yet, could you give us an accurate measurement for string diameter for serving build up? Thanks......... Kirk
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Postby Kenro » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:53 pm

This one may be difficult to answer. I try to make my strings finish out right at about 0.100 for a good standard nock fit. this works good for most standard arrow nocks. and remember you only supply the string for the open class. prior to the event I want to go through all the bow to arrow combos and figure a way to actually measure the string to arrow fit. I already have something in mind.
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Return to Board index

Return to Walk the Talk