Skip to content

Team Bows??????

This forum is dedicated to exchanging information for the Walk the Talk event.

Re: Team Bows??????

Postby Hornseeker » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:33 pm

one last idea....lets say...there are 4 teams....but only 3 per team...or simply put....1 person less per team than there are teams.... SO.... Brian..our administrator...gets one of the bows!

E
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby Gino Bruno » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:17 pm

that is a good idea about all using the same form/design ernie!!!

the only thing i have against giving away one of the bows i send is that more than likely, those risers and hunting limbs will be my personal hunting bows for the season..... there will be a ton of time and effort that go into those since it sounds like there will be a "purdy" contest as well.

i also like the idea of everyone having to work on the bow! i think it should be a raw numbers deal to win since this is "walk the talk." atleast the winning bow will be based on hard numbers that way.
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby Kenro » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:44 pm

Gino Bruno wrote:i also like the idea of everyone having to work on the bow! i think it should be a raw numbers deal to win since this is "walk the talk." atleast the winning bow will be based on hard numbers that way.

Yes, What gino said.

I also really like Jims idea about the amount of people on teams as there are teams and then we race for pink slips! NOW THAT is a genious and motivating idea. :mrgreen: good thinking Jim.
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:49 pm

traveling bow could get expensive though....
Save a tree, shoot a buck

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Postby Hornseeker » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:50 pm

Cool... so... who's in???????????????? :D :mrgreen:
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby Jumper » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:25 pm

Why don't you set it up where all the components have to be done on a time schedule? That way, once say the handle sections are done all teams posts a build along and shows their work with pictures the same date. We get to see the process and progress and no team has the opportunity to check out other teams ideas and try to one up it at that point. Say, do the handles by one date, laminates, veneers and limb cores by another date, glue up, rough out and tiller by another date, and fine tuning and finish by the last date. I think that you need to figure out a way for all team members to get into the mix though so we don't see one talented person building the whole thing. Tough one to figure out there though with time schedules and distances apart from your other team members.
With God, all things are possible.
Jumper

Postby Kirkll » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:03 pm

i haven't a clue how this is all going to work.... but i'm game...

i'm thinking it may not be nessisary to do a traveling bow... every one on the team contributes materials except the lay up dude. that part could be random drawing too....one team mate does the riser, one provides lams, the other provides glass. and the other puts it together.... say we get 16 guys, draw 4 teams...if we get 20 guys signed up, we have 5 teams.... the extra bow gets raffled off at WTT III and the proceeds go for the next event. i like the pink slip idea too....

there's some ideas anyway....
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Postby Gino Bruno » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:23 pm

scott, after the last build along i did ;) ....... i think i am done with them for a while..... those things seem to make the build process take 3 times as long :shock:. i really like that idea though. so are you sending a bow to the event?
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby jwillis » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:38 pm

Hornseeker wrote:on that note...On Paleo...when that guy says the bow will shoot 10 gpp at 206 at 100% efficient...does that mean that it is IMPOSSIBLE to shoot more the 206 fps with a stick bow???...

Ernie, that is an excellent question. I asked this as a follow up question to the thread at Yuku and we'll see what Alan says...
http://paleoplanet69529.yuku.com/topic/16901?page=5
My bow making blog is live at... http://www.buildyourownbow.com

Click here to see the Build Your Own Bow Facebook fan page at...http://www.facebook.com/BuildYourOwnBow
jwillis

Postby Jumper » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:44 am

ARE YOU KIDDING ME GINO!!!!!!!! :shock: I've seen the bows you guys put out and I'm not even in the same building with you all let alone the same room. :? My longbows are rough but functional. Not even close to being fast, just fun. :D I really look forward to seeing what developes over this one though, this should be interesting. As a matter of fact, all this bow building talk has gotten me the itch to get back in the garage and build something. Before I came down here to get on the puter, Allyson just gave me permission to go buy a new bandsaw this morning so I'm taking Tyler out for breakfast and a little dad time. (Got to get a small ax with a tougher handle since he broke ours last night when I was trying to teach him to split wood....)
With God, all things are possible.
Jumper

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Walk the Talk