Skip to content

Team Bows??????

This forum is dedicated to exchanging information for the Walk the Talk event.

Team Bows??????

Postby Gino Bruno » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:30 am

back after the last event i jokingly said that we should not only enter individual bows, but it might be fun to also break off into teams, compile info, and then have a single person lay up a bow for that team using all the combined knowledge of the group.

is anyone still interested in that (if not, no worries)? it might be fun and we could get some friendly mud-slinging going between rival teams. :twisted: :D
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Re: Team Bows??????

Postby Hornseeker » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:52 am

I'm in...that would be fun! I pick first.. I pick... Ken...Gino....Badger.... hmmm... who else do I want.... :mrgreen:

Seriously though..I'd love to talk about this stuff with a "team mate" I dont think it could do anything but good!

E
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby Gino Bruno » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:44 am

now wait a minute...... since it was my idea, i think i get first pick...... i'll take ernie, ken, badger and i'll one up ya and take TJ (cause i have a feeling he is sand-bagging on us BIG TIME). :D 8-)
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby Hornseeker » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:59 am

Seriously though...how could we form teams?
Hornseeker

Postby Kirkll » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:29 am

Well we could put a sticky on the sign up thread and give it a couple weeks to get a good head count, then do a drawing for the teams. i'll bet we could get more guys interested in the event being part of a team too...... maybe start another sign up thread just for bowyer Teams WTT ????

how many teams? ............. would it be better to have just 2 or 3 teams?

or.....Maybe we should just go east coast, west coast, and midwest divisions....that would make for some good mud slinging in itself right there... :D

Hey Gino.... how do you put a sticky on a thread anyway? Kirk
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:36 am

very funny gino, i do wish i was sandbagging ya'll. id be up for teams just for the heck of it. :lol:
Save a tree, shoot a buck

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Postby Hornseeker » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:42 am

Whatever the teams... it could be fun... I'll pitch in my ideas and someone else can build it and see if it blows up in their face!!!! ;)
Hornseeker

Postby Kenro » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:50 pm

NOW THIS IS WHAT IM TAWKIN BOUT!!!!!!!! :D I like this idea and I remember it before when Gino brought it up.What do we put up for stakes on this. Do we race for pinks? and like kirk said how do we divide up? I kind of like the east vs west thing Kirk mentioned. :o :? OH wait!!!! No I dont like that!!!!! (stupid mississippi river is on the wrong side of my state :roll: )

A point to consider; If you are on a team with someone known to make a really fast bow the rest of the guys may just say "well lets just use Ginos form and layup the way he does it." basically Gino makes an extra bow himself. and no "team" effort.I think we need to figure out how each person on each team has to do some work on each bow.
what if we drew teams on a scramble basis where your partner/'s names were drawn from a hat?

There might be a few glitches to work out on this but this is a cool deal in the makings. I think we need to figure out how to incorperate it into the event. :D
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby jwillis » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:02 pm

Kenro wrote:...I think we need to figure out how each person on each team has to do some work on each bow.
what if we drew teams on a scramble basis where your partner/'s names were drawn from a hat?

This sounds fair. I like the idea of a traveling bow where each guy does something. The rules need to state that a new form is built for the bow. Winning team gets all bows...same number on each team as there are teams...for example four teams and four members on each team, or five teams and five members on each team. That way each member on the winning team takes home a bow. If there are extra bows, then we can blow them up on Ken's machine. :twisted: Jim
My bow making blog is live at... http://www.buildyourownbow.com

Click here to see the Build Your Own Bow Facebook fan page at...http://www.facebook.com/BuildYourOwnBow
jwillis

Postby Hornseeker » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:32 pm

Cool... sounding good.

Now.....fact is.... ken knocked us out last year by 10 fps.... that is a LOAD of FPS.... Are we going strictly for speed here or should we come up with a composite score for these bows? Each category could be worth "X" points... add them up?? I am not the type to give up easy...but I dont know that any of us can overcome 10fps advantage from last year...

on that note...On Paleo...when that guy says the bow will shoot 10 gpp at 206 at 100% efficient...does that mean that it is IMPOSSIBLE to shoot more the 206 fps with a stick bow???

What if.... we all had to use THE SAME FORM!! and it was strictly a layup/material/shaping deal????????

E
Hornseeker

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Walk the Talk