Skip to content

WTT III Sign Up Thread

This forum is dedicated to exchanging information for the Walk the Talk event.

Re: WTT III Sign Up Thread

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:56 pm

i think were prolly gonna leave friday after im off school so we wont get there till friday night not sure though, maybe ill uh, skip school that friday :D
Save a tree, shoot a buck

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Postby Kenro » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:06 pm

TJ,
If you really want the day off from school that day I know a guy who can call in a bomb scare to your school! LMAO!!! We nick named him "bombscare" in school. Whenever he wanted a day off .......... :lol: I think he did some time for it way back when? but hes prolly due by now. :lol:
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby Kirkll » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:52 pm

should be able to get your shop teacher to give you a pass and get credit fot it too, if you work things in that direction.....food for thought....

then again i think i still got a stick or two of that dynimite grandpa had for blowing stumps around here somewhere... i could send you some powder out of the bottom of the crate that would keep those bomb sniffing dogs going nuts for the whole day....let Ken's buddy call it it, and i guarantee it will make the news with this disco dust sprinkled around :D
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Re: WTT III Sign Up Thread(new edit 3/12/09)

Postby Hornseeker » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:53 am

You guys better be careful about talking that way... there are Way too many people that dont even think that is funny... I on the other hand think its hilarious :D

TJ...take the day off man... Tell your teachers you are going to be gone and that you need the work and get it done before you even leave... Then go have some fun at Kenros!!!
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby stiknstring » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:58 am

This teacher doesnt think its funny....at least until the temperature outside climbs above the 60 degree mark :D
stiknstring

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:10 am

I've got a baseball game the friday before, so im going to the game then were leaving, im skipping my double header on saturday too.
Save a tree, shoot a buck

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Postby Kirkll » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:40 pm

i wpouldn't pass up a double header for much of anything these days myself. :lol:
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Postby dustynose » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:44 am

I will be ready to ship my bow at the beginning of next week, and would like to send a second one if a 60 pounder still would get through. The numbers are quite acceptable for all natural material bows I think, and I am hopeful that the machine can add a few fps to my finger release. As shipping costs are relatively high I plan to buy just a one way ticket for my bows. So if they don not even make 180 just throw them into the next stove. If they make numbers of further interest I would donate them to the guys who would like to do some deeper investigation on them. Probably badger can try to test them with a linen string to compare them to other natural material bows of simpler construction ( just to see wether this more labour intensive way is worth the effort). If they get near the 200 - which is not at all very likely - I would probably change my mind and try to raise the funds for their way back..... ;)

To be able to ship the bows I will need an address, and, as I remember, there was to pay a certain contribution for the realization of the event (strings, arrows etc.) I guess I will have to get in direct contact with Ken to discuss the details, but as I am not a computer pro I try it this way.

Hanno
dustynose

Postby Kenro » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:26 am

Hanno,
Im sure that someone (including myself) would be greatly interested in your bows if you really dont care to have them back. And BTW thats a very gracious offer to donate them. If you do change your mind in any way they'll be right here safe and sound if you need them back. :)
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby dustynose » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:24 am

I do not think they get near 200, I would be proud if they get near the mid 180s and I would regret shipping costs if they stay below 180 :( . I hope they will be an interesting contribution to the event and enjoy seeing them tested with all the others. I built them with the rope and wedges technique so they helped me practising - there are always some slight variations in performance numbers with this technique and I learned something about the limits and pitfalls while trying to squeeze as much speed as possible out of these materials.

Hanno
dustynose

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Walk the Talk