Skip to content

String Weight Question...and more...

This forum is dedicated to exchanging information for the Walk the Talk event.

Re: String Weight Question...and more...

Postby Bill Grenoble » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:20 am

Bill Grenoble wrote:
Hank wrote:Are you guys building endless strings tying off the tag ends to each other, or just let the loop serving hold it together?

I pad the loops and let the loop serving hold it together, but going thinnner, might be good to tie em off?

Hank, I've always tied them off with a square knot since the early 60s. I had a string pull the first strand loose after many shots on a very hot day, back when I first started to make strings. Ever since I have tied them off and put up with the lump in the serving. Never had another one pull out. That was with dacron. Bill
Bill Grenoble

Postby rwsbow » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:35 pm

I started off just wrapping the serving around the untied ends..but being as coordinated and nimble, (yeah,right) I started tying them off like Bill does..square knot and leave it under the serving..seems to work well so far...less worry.........
The reason I support the 2nd Amendment is because I'm too young to die but too old for an ass whoopin' ! 

rwsbow

Postby Registered Lurker » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:47 pm

I leave a few inches sticking out either side of the end serving, then when I form the end loop I tie them, with half hitches, around the string then serve over.
Registered Lurker

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Walk the Talk