Skip to content

How about some bowyer invites?

This forum is dedicated to exchanging information for the Walk the Talk event.

Re: How about some bowyer invites?

Postby Ibex » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:37 pm

Sounds good to me Gino. The way I see it a bow that's fast and durable is a bow that "Walks The Talk".
Ibex

Postby Gino Bruno » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:50 pm

i didn't mean to confuse the two.... the ones that will be in the 195+ class will not be limbs that i hunt with ;)
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby Ibex » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:59 pm

Absolutely no offense intended, tongue in cheek, and somewhat reluctant to even voice it, but:

If you cant hunt with it, what good is it? :shock:
Ibex

Postby Kenro » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:49 am

Ibex wrote:Absolutely no offense intended, tongue in cheek, and somewhat reluctant to even voice it, but:

If you cant hunt with it, what good is it?

That is a very good point Steve. There is always something bugging me about the redlined vs not redlined debate and the how do you really know factor. What classifys a bow as being redlined?? Small tips?? I know of quite a few pros that make a very small narrow tip. other than that if its not carbon can it even be considered redlined no matter how you profile a limb. There will always be an argument that if a bow performs well it must be redlined. well ....... I dont think so. as of tonight when I get home from work my sellway quiver gets slipped on my last years wtt bow and I go out and match up some broadhead arrows for it. I already have shot the holy snot out of it. but oh well I guess some want to know how it would have held up. lets find out ;)
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby Ibex » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:34 am

If it blows Ken please don't tell us, it will just break our hearts.
Ibex

Postby Hornseeker » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:48 am

"If it blows Ken please don't tell us, it will just break our hearts."

No Doubt!

a fast bow you cant hunt with is simply a fast bow... like a dragster..you cant drive a top fuel rail to work and back, but dang is it fun to watch it go from 0-325 inc 4.8 seconds! Thats how I look at the redline...

I could hunt with any bow ever made...no matter how redlined it is....cause thats all I do is hunt... not shoot! :o :mrgreen:
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby Gino Bruno » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:51 am

i can hunt with them... would i trust them enough to take them without a back up set of limbs on say.... another alaska hunt? the answer is no. not aleast until they have had months worth of arrows run through them for me to totally trust them. i know for sure that there is no way i'd let you put your 30" draw on them.... not atleast without a helmet on. ;)

i guess what they are good for to some, is silencing what a they have thought a recurve can or can't do.... kind of like what a few thought any bow could or couldn't do prior to what BBP's bow did..... then again after people said BBP's 193 probably could not be beat by much and 200 was still "impossible" because they had never been able to attain that themselves.... then along came ken's bows. to me, they (redlined bows) are just tools to learn from and try to improve on both in max possible performance and combine some of their qualities into good hunting bows that will last decades. my redlined limbs are things i have tried that are a good bit outside of laying up the same old configuration and hoping that, maybe, just maybe, somehow this set will be different than all the ones in the past and that some sort of magic has found their way into them so they "go fast."

so while i may choose not to hunt with a set of limbs that i feel are too hot rodded (just my own personal biases), i still think they are worthy of something..... walking the talk..... but WAY more important to me... learning from them. the learning process is what i am after and could care less about proving anything to anyone. useing some of the design cues (just more subtle) in my hunting limbs to make them perform better than "average" is what i really enjoy. kind of like what some of the auto manufacturers do in their learning curve and research with F-1s and other racing arenas. afterall, wasn't this what you had in mind when you got this event going?
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby Ibex » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:38 pm

Here's the original post Gino. I've always felt that durability is important. You are exactly right when you mentioned that expectations have been surpassed. Mine certainly have. Unlike most of you, I can't build a durable bow that I can finger shoot over the low 180s.

http://leatherwall.bowsite.com/TF/lw/th ... 88#1890524
Ibex

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:09 pm

has anyone invited toelke yet? ernie? i think he might get in on it if we let him know early enough.
Save a tree, shoot a buck

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Postby jwillis » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:19 pm

Ibex wrote:Here's the original post Gino. I've always felt that durability is important. You are exactly right when you mentioned that expectations have been surpassed. Mine certainly have. Unlike most of you, I can't build a durable bow that I can finger shoot over the low 180s.

http://leatherwall.bowsite.com/TF/lw/th ... 88#1890524

I remember that thread and all of the BS you had to wade through to justify having the event (like guys saying they already tested their favorite bow by killing some critter)...lol. One of the best outcomes of the event besides being fun is it accellerates the learning curve and R&D process for the entire archery community. Jim
My bow making blog is live at... http://www.buildyourownbow.com

Click here to see the Build Your Own Bow Facebook fan page at...http://www.facebook.com/BuildYourOwnBow
jwillis

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Walk the Talk