Skip to content

How about some bowyer invites?

This forum is dedicated to exchanging information for the Walk the Talk event.

Re: How about some bowyer invites?

Postby Hornseeker » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:57 pm

Steve, I was finger shooting your last bow at 185-186... you must not draw as far as me?? I "think" I draw 28 dead nuts... within an angstrom or so anyway... :lol:
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby Gino Bruno » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:34 pm

jwillis wrote: One of the best outcomes of the event besides being fun is it accellerates the learning curve and R&D process for the entire archery community. Jim

that is what i thought it was all about also, ESPECIALLY after this past event. i thought the event was geared toward pushing the envelope to the max so we can share our ideas and incorporate them into higher performing tackle, be it hunting or target bows. most of the new performance boosting ideas will come from the "open class". what i was getting at is that i wouldn't take a single top performing bow from that class (certainly including my own) on a big hunting trip.... but i may incorporate some or many of those ideas into limbs that i feel are bulletproof to further increase their performance.

ken is right..... where is there any hard fast rule that makes a bow or limbs redlined?.... for me, it is just a gut feeling (and maybe some blown limbs using similar materials or layups :oops: ). i know the types of bows i would send to people and the types i wouldn't. those are the same bows i wouldn't hunt with outside of maybe chasing local critters. if that makes any sense?
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby Ibex » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:44 pm

Makes sense to me. Even if the full time bowyers don't send any hotrod bows, I bet they'll still be paying real close attention to the hot rod results. I definately will be as well.
Ibex

Postby Gino Bruno » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:07 pm

Ibex wrote: Even if the full time bowyers don't send any hotrod bows, I bet they'll still be paying real close attention to the hot rod results.

no doubt about that...... it is free R&D for them. from a business owner's standpoint, free R&D is about as good as it gets!

i am still surprised that we have not seen ken's bow/design come out of a pro's shop yet :D ;) ..... seriously.
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:25 pm

i shot Dan an email, i just figured many people view the whip as a pretty speedy bow and i encouraged him to read the stuff about the contest and said wed like to have as many pro bowyers as we could.
cant hurt can it?
Save a tree, shoot a buck

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Postby Hornseeker » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:06 pm

Tj...Dan is a heck of a bowyer, very intelligent... I'll bet if we could get him to put out a hot rod it would be something else! However, i think the "whip" is known as being a "great bow" and very shootable...but not "high performance".. I've shot them several times through chronos and with 10 gpp I can rarely get them over 173 ish... The shootability and lack of hand shock are really ncie though...and as much as we all like speed.... it certainly isn't necessary to make a great bow!

so..anyhow...hopefully he'll put one out for us...that'd be cool. I just looked at Pete's site and he had similar numbers as I've got...170-175 ish for near 10 gpp...

Ernie
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby Gino Bruno » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:14 am

E, i was just telling TJ what a good guy dan seems to be. i figure if any pro will send something, he would be the guy to do it.
Gino Bruno

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Walk the Talk