Skip to content

How about some bowyer invites?

This forum is dedicated to exchanging information for the Walk the Talk event.

How about some bowyer invites?

Postby Hornseeker » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:01 pm

If anyone knows a pro bowyer....invite them to enter a bow in WTT III. I'll hit a few with emails. I'd love to see OL, Jimmy Neeves, Fedora, the Balistic guy, etc... enter. How about Bill Howland.. I'll bet if he put a little thought into it he could send a screamer!

E
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Re: How about some bowyer invites?

Postby Kenro » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:07 pm

I hope they ALL get into this!!! It will only help WTT become bigger and better. This could just become the testing event that everyone looks for on a yearly basis.
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby Hornseeker » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:19 pm

How cool would it be if WTT eventually got written up in TBM annually!

E
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby Kenro » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:38 am

No kidden, hey?? they would have to give half the magazine to the event to cover all the bows. :D
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby Kirkll » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:13 am

i'm not so sure some of these estabished bowyers really wanna know how their stuff compares in perfomance with the other compition out there, much less a bunch of Pirate bowyers.... it would kinda put the presure on them to build a higher performance bow after the dust settles wouldn't it?
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Postby jwillis » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:03 am

Kirkll wrote:i'm not so sure some of these estabished bowyers really wanna know how their stuff compares in perfomance with the other compition out there, much less a bunch of Pirate bowyers.... it would kinda put the presure on them to build a higher performance bow after the dust settles wouldn't it?

I'm sure they want to know, they just don't want anyone else to know if their stuff compares badly. In their defense, they would have to have their stock bows tested in the hunting category because they have to overbuild them in order to avoid warranty issues. The more I think about it, I'm not sure they would have much to gain by it unless their stock bow performed really well compared to others. We saw that at WTT2 where the ACS was out-performed, but to its credit, it was more overbuilt than the fastest bows tested because it has to be. Jim
My bow making blog is live at... http://www.buildyourownbow.com

Click here to see the Build Your Own Bow Facebook fan page at...http://www.facebook.com/BuildYourOwnBow
jwillis

Postby Kirkll » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:41 pm

jwillis wrote:
Kirkll wrote:i'm not so sure some of these estabished bowyers really wanna know how their stuff compares in perfomance with the other compition out there, much less a bunch of Pirate bowyers.... it would kinda put the presure on them to build a higher performance bow after the dust settles wouldn't it?

I'm sure they want to know, they just don't want anyone else to know if their stuff compares badly. In their defense, they would have to have their stock bows tested in the hunting category because they have to overbuild them in order to avoid warranty issues. The more I think about it, I'm not sure they would have much to gain by it unless their stock bow performed really well compared to others. We saw that at WTT2 where the ACS was out-performed, but to its credit, it was more overbuilt than the fastest bows tested because it has to be. Jim

exactly what i'm thinking Jim.....BUT.... if their stuff does perfom decently in the hunting class, they already know that, and it could be good advetizement for them eh? ... most the esabished bowyers out there probably don't care one way or another about a speed contest, but it sure couldn't hurt sales.......
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Postby Ibex » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:56 pm

I've been mentioning this event to some top full time bowyers and they all seem to have a similar response. They are in the business of selling bows built to take a warrantied amount of abuse and are not interested in going up against garage ninny bows that really only need to withstand the event. It really is a bit unfair to the pro's. They have reputations to maintain. I wonder if we can't set up a "trail or warranty period" ourselves for an event bow after it's speed is recorded in order to even things up. I was thinking we could hold a walk the talk drawing and loan out all the winning bows for a period of time after the event . Or we can just dryfire them :? :o
Ibex

Postby Gino Bruno » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:22 pm

Ibex wrote:I've been mentioning this event to some top full time bowyers and they all seem to have a similar response. They are in the business of selling bows built to take a warrantied amount of abuse and are not interested in going up against garage ninny bows that really only need to withstand the event. It really is a bit unfair to the pro's. They have reputations to maintain. I wonder if we can't set up a "trail or warranty period" ourselves for an event bow after it's speed is recorded in order to even things up. I was thinking we could hold a walk the talk drawing and loan out all the winning bows for a period of time after the event . Or we can just dryfire them :? :o

i was just telling ernie the same thing about the pros, steve.

as far as dryfires go, i have had several bows built by pros and production bows as well that were useless after one dryfire. i think the thing to do would be to see if the bow is still shooting after a summer of shooting it as well as a hunting season..... i think if they are still together by then, they are worthy. jmo
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby Catamount » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:42 pm

Guys, I have a friend that seriously owns every "fast big name bow" out there along with every pretty bow made out there. Not one of them will shoot over 180 at 10 grns per pound with fingers and a low brace height. They have to build their bows to be durable but their is always the chance someone would hotrod one for the event.
Catamount

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Walk the Talk