Skip to content

Who's attempting to Break 200?

This forum is dedicated to exchanging information for the Walk the Talk event.

Who's attempting to Break 200?

Postby Hornseeker » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:56 pm

Just curious, as "just building a bow" for the event aint gonna cut that cheese... its going to take some serious messing around and probably several bows built before you even get close to 193...let alone 200...

Just curious. I think I'll probably build 3 or 4 bows and tweak each for speed and see what happens... I'd like to get 195...

Anyone going full out trying to break the record??? How about you Ken?

E
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Re: Who's attempting to Break 200?

Postby Hornseeker » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:03 pm

By the way...my plan is to build a sound riser... then... just start experimenting with my limbs. I wont change forms, only layup. I can vary reflex by over 1 1/2 inches with my form and throw out infinite combos of wedge lengths (tipp and butt) and tapers and etc... and etc.... Then the "throw away" limbs can be made into normal bows!

E
Hornseeker

Postby Feral Donkey » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:49 pm

I'm going to totally tie 4 bottle rockets to my arrow. :P
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby Kenro » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:54 pm

not attempting too, I will !! :mrgreen:
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby Kirkll » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:32 pm

i'll be doing some red line stuff.....but with the bar at 200 a guy could end up with a hell of a bone pile.... i've got a few things in the works that could be entertaining, if nothing else....i just might have you guys looking over your shoulder a bit..... but who knows really untill the numbers flash up there huh?

No balls, No Glory! i'll give er me best shot mate!
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:39 pm

aaron, bottle rockets only go 69-92 fps. dont ask me how i know. :roll:

ill try my best, but i doubt ill break 180, well thats my goal. ive yet to beat 174 and ive consistantly hit around 167, that number haunts me. :( hopefully this bow im building kirk is gonna have a bit more oomph. :D
Save a tree, shoot a buck

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Postby Kirkll » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:05 pm

hopefully i'll have that chrono back in the shop and my shooting machine up and running by then TJ. It's pulling a 45 pound bow just fine, but i haven't got a heavy poundage bow on it yet....... i'll run her through the paces when she gets here and let you know... Kirk
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Postby Hornseeker » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:24 pm

Ken... you "barely" count...cause you were ALREADY there!!! Just kiddin of course. But...I think/hope you are shooting for at least 202...

TJ...I have my second limb in the cooker right now with that blemished carbon... I'll grind them in the next day or two and strap them to a riser and see what happens. I made them double carbons... so it will be a full on test of this material. I have a feeling its going to be fine... the limb that is out of the form feels great when I flex it...

Kirk...cant wait to see what you got cookin. I think that reel will hold whatever you want it too...some of them big fish can put out more than 60# of pull!! :D

Good Luck All!!
Hornseeker

Postby Gino Bruno » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:17 pm

only 200????? so does this mean we have changed the rules to 11gr/lb? ;) :lol:
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby Hornseeker » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:35 am

:o
Hornseeker

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Walk the Talk