Skip to content

Welcome bowyers to Walk the Talk lll final count down

This forum is dedicated to exchanging information for the Walk the Talk event.

Re: Welcome bowyers to Walk the Talk lll(last edit 11/13)

Postby Kenro » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:31 pm

Absolutely!! we can have that flight shoot. we can replace the archery golf with that for this year. though I do intend on having a challanging little shoot course around the property also that guys can go shoot at any time during the weekend. This year will run a ton smoother on saturday because of being all weighed in an friday, so there should most definately be time for shooting. I dont even think we will need sunday but we will leave it open just in case.
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby Kirkll » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:54 pm

badger5149 wrote:Would there be enough time for a broadhead shoot out. 3 arrows, shooting with the wind, 11 grains per pound minimum, draw the bow as far as you want as long as the arrows weigh at least 11 grains a pound at the distance the bow is drawn. Longest distance wins a photo with " Mr's krakow WS 2008". Ken will arrange the whole thing! Steve

Hey Steve, what is the reason behind 11 ggp minimum? i would think with a flight shoot you would go the other way and lighten your arrows. :? just curious...sounds like a hoot to me! :D
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Postby badger5149 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:06 am

Kirk, modern broadhead competion uses 450 grains for recurves and 550 grains for longbows, they don't compete against one another. I just suggested 11 grains per pound as most bows are close to the 50# range, I never understould why the recurves shoot 450. For general flight shooting there is no rule how light the arrow can be, I think the length limit is minimum 23". Steve
( just kidding about Ken arranging everything, I think his plate is allready pretty full)
badger5149

Re: Welcome bowyers to Walk the Talk lll(last edit 3/12/09

Postby Feral Donkey » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:13 pm

I want to meet Ms. Krakow 2008. :D
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Re: Welcome bowyers to Walk the Talk lll(last edit 3/12/09

Postby Kenro » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:51 pm

OH NO, :o you really dont!!!!! She is a ms. krackho!! BTW Aaron its 2009. put down the rum and go to bed. :lol:
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Walk the Talk