Skip to content

Welcome bowyers to Walk the Talk lll final count down

This forum is dedicated to exchanging information for the Walk the Talk event.

Re: Welcome bowyers to Walk the Talk lll(last edit 10/27)

Postby Kenro » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:36 am

Kirk,
Oh boy :roll: Now you gone and dun it!!! Telling Gino that curves are at a disadvantage just fueled his fire!! Now I gotta worry about making my bow another 4FPS faster if I want a repeat of last year. (remember the begining of the WTT II video???? where I said, "and to those that say we cant, THEIR DOUBT JUST FUELS THE FIRE"

I guess now I have to move my chips over to the Gino side of the table. :lol:
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby Gino Bruno » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:18 am

LOL ken!!! nah..... i think curves and hybrids are about dead nuts equal...... though as jim (jwillis) has said many times, "recurves are harder to optimize."
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby Kirkll » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:10 am

Well guys... i know more about numbers and odds than i do bow building, and certainly didn't mean to kick a hornets nest here. but Ken... i still think you should spot old Gino 5 FPS to even up the odds against your new whippin stick....all i gotta do here is build me a riser and slap Ernies Hawk limbs on it to get in the money....LOL!

seriously though... bows have that seductive look and feel to them not unlike exotic women. i've always secretly loved the full bodied volumptious curves of the recurve a lot. but aftter experiencing the intoxicating effects of the long bow... i'll never be the same....that long sleek sexy look of a tall woman in heels, the lean athletic flex of those long limbs....well boys.... it just don't get better than that in by book...

if it makes ya feel better Gino i'll be entering one of those full curve beauties too...but my money will be on the hybrid LB's...

keep something in mind here too.....even a long shot comes in now and then.... :shock:
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Postby Gino Bruno » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:49 pm

kirk..... in order to make a recurve as fast as the hybrid, you have to take some off it's "hips" to lean it out enough to get them up to the "holy grail"..... while a fully "leaned out" recurve may look more like hillary clinton than an exotic supermodel, they perform like michael phelps. recurves store energy more efficiently than hybrids..... trying to get them to release it as efficiently is another issue and takes a little creative thinking to make it happen.
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby Kenro » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:12 pm

Kirkll wrote:certainly didn't mean to kick a hornets nest here. but Ken... i still think you should spot old Gino 5 FPS to even up the odds against your new whippin stick....

Kirk,
:lol: I aint spotten him nuthin!!!! If I didnt know what I know, I might have ;)
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby Kirkll » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:29 pm

Ok Ken, i can see your point with spotting Gino points....So how many FPS are you going to spot me?.... you know...being a rookie and all... that has bows blow up on him, and trying to fix em again.....:oops: :roll:
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Postby Gino Bruno » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:38 pm

kirk- i think if you have bows blowing up on you, you don't get any spot....... those bows blowing up are a sign that you just might be sandbagging on us ;)
Gino Bruno

Postby Kenro » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:06 pm

Kirkll wrote:Ok Ken, i can see your point with spotting Gino points....So how many FPS are you going to spot me?.... you know...being a rookie and all...

Ya, ok mr sandbagger :lol: just remember, I built my first bow ever 1 year and 4months before WTT II. so I am still a rookie too. SO, NO POINTS FOR YOU!!! :lol:
Kenro

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:13 pm

Kenro wrote:
Ya, ok mr sandbagger :lol: just remember, I built my first bow ever 1 year and 4months before WTT II. so I am still a rookie too. SO, NO POINTS FOR YOU!!! :lol:

how did you get to the top of the totem pole so quick ken?
Save a tree, shoot a buck

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Postby Kenro » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:21 pm

TJ,
All luck.
Kenro

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Walk the Talk