Skip to content

Welcome bowyers to Walk the Talk lll final count down

This forum is dedicated to exchanging information for the Walk the Talk event.

Welcome bowyers to Walk the Talk lll final count down

Postby Kenro » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:22 am

Hello again all you race fans were back for round three of the battle of the bows!! :D

This thread will be up and edited as needed to bring everyone up to speed on any changes in the rules and regulations of this next up and coming WTT III. In this thread any suggestions and thoughts will be considered and if need be voted on for a majority rule on the matter. Im going to change a few things and how we do them this year based on what we learned off of last years event to help it run more smoothly and to ensure an equal unbiased, more accurate and credible test result.

WHATS NEW FOR 09

1) There will be 4 separate catagories in which to enter. The classes are as follows; "All wood/primative", "Glass skinned", "Carbon",and "OPEN". In the "OPEN" class ANYTHING goes and the specs of brace height and strand count is the only limitation. A braced minimum of 6" and will use a minimum of a 6 strand string the bowyer provides. This class is only searching for a winner and does not reflect an actual bow test or comparison. Any bows enterd in any of the other classes may also enter the "open" class and rebrace the bow to 6". All other classes will have a minimum brace of 6 3/4"

2) Lancaster Archery Supply will be providing all the strings for this years event. They will each be made of the same material and strand count. However you are asked to send a string with your bow and it will return to you with the string you provided.

3) There will be the addition of the "PURDY bow" contest. This has been already suggested by quite a few. My plan is to have a ballet box where all participants will vote (not for their own :roll: ) and the votes will be counted at the end of the contest.

4) $20.00 entry fee per person. (please keep number of bow entrys within reason.)

Guidelines & regulations for the April 25/26 WTT III event;

1- All bows will be tested using an unfletched arrow that is 10gpp+/- 2gr. ( do not send an arrow) I will provide an arrow for each bow
2-Bows will be drawn using the AMO standard. 26 1/4 In. from the deepest part of the grip.
3-Strings will be provided for all the bows in the regular classes. If you are entering a bow for the open class the bowyer must provide a string of at least 6 strands and brace the bow at a minimum of 6". The bowyer must also specify what brace to use if more than 6" is recomended for that bow. The hunting class requires a minimum of 6 3/4" brace height on all bows.
4-All bows and arrows will be measured using the same scales prior to the competition. PLEASE keep bows under 60# if possible.
5-All bows will be tested for a five shot average.

SHIPPING
Please provide what you want to have your equipment sent back to you in and be sure to package your bows so that they are not to be damaged in any way. (Cardboard or PVC tubes using bubble wrap is recommended) All bowyers must provide their own insurance and "round trip" shipping.(Or "one way" if you want the host to keep them, he would be glad to ;) )Along with your return adress. Great care will be taken in repackaging your equipment so as to return your bows in the condition you sent them. We would like all entries to be recieved no later than April 15th.
The sending address is;
Ken Rohloff
8869 Gohr Rd
Krakow WI, 54137

ANY QUESTIONS CAN BE ANSWERED IN THE FOLLOWING POSTS USING THIS THREAD OR SENDING ME A P/M.
Thanks,
Kenro :)
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Re: Welcome bowyers to Walk the Talk lll

Postby Kirkll » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:06 pm

You guys think we should have an entry fee of so much per person? or so much per bow might be better? the proceeds could be used for prizes, or go to our host to help put this thing together? i'd be up for that...
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Postby Gino Bruno » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:27 pm

i agree...... i know ken put a bunch of time and money into the last one...... i think an entry fee is the way to go just to help out with the costs.
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby Kenro » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:46 am

:lol: this was sugested by Mike Bird the other day and I kinda shot it down :lol: I just dont want to make it too expensive though. Some guys are already coming from a long way and spending some cash.

But OK, lets here from yall out there what you think is a fair entry fee. and keep the sugestions coming. :D
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby Feral Donkey » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:27 am

$5
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby Hank » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:12 am

$5 and an old Playboy :)
a genetically modified by aliens life form, known as Hank
Hank

Postby Feral Donkey » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:38 am

Yeah! I like that better! :lol:
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby Kenro » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:24 pm

How bout 5 & a Penthouse subscription :mrgreen:
Kenro

Postby jwillis » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:35 pm

I like an entry fee for the first bow that includes the t-shirt, then an additional (lower) entry fee for each additional bow. Jim
My bow making blog is live at... http://www.buildyourownbow.com

Click here to see the Build Your Own Bow Facebook fan page at...http://www.facebook.com/BuildYourOwnBow
jwillis

Postby Kirkll » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:54 pm

jwillis wrote:I like an entry fee for the first bow that includes the t-shirt, then an additional (lower) entry fee for each additional bow. Jim

this is good Jim! i like it.....i was thinking something along those lines myself with a lower price for Pirates and a higher price for party crashers... or should i call it "outside compitition".

Question: Is this an invitational event? a private party? or a bowyers open?

I'm betting there may be a few companies out there that may be interested in this compitition....if they would like to enter this, i say they should pay for the privlige of coming to the event and being recognized....advertizement isn't cheap these days....

What say Mates?
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Walk the Talk