Skip to content

Pirates reunion at Walk-the-Talk?

This forum is dedicated to exchanging information for the Walk the Talk event.

Re: Pirates reunion at Walk-the-Talk?

Postby marc » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:17 am

Flying to Green Bay should be about the same price as Madison and like Ken said it is only 25 minutes to his place and 5 from mine.

I will offer up a couch and an inflatable matress to anyone that needs a roof over head to be able to come.
"There is a fine line between tough and stupid and I think I found it" Ken Rohloff
"I'd hit that, with my truck" Ken Rohloff
marc

Postby Feral Donkey » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:01 am

Kirkll wrote:
marc wrote:If you are looking to save some cash you might want to check out Amtrack too.

i'm not so sure i'd wanna ride on a dad burn train all the way from the west coast ti Wisconsin.....its only About $300 bucks round trip including taxs on a plane coming into Milwaukie....and another $30 bucks to come into Madison...Now FD said Madison is alot closer for him to do a pick up...so i'm thinking that's where i should come in...or....

i know it seems like a long ways off guys....but if the guys that are flying book these tickets this far ahead, ya save a bunch on air fare....

How far are you driving to the airport FD? and how many guys can you haul ?

if there are guys that would prefer to come into Milwaukie instead and save a buck on airfare, we could all throw in and rent a car pretty cheap too i'll bet.....and save FD hauling us over to Kens place and back.

i'm thinking of coming in on Friday early to help with the set up myself.....lets throw in some ideas here on this....

If there's more than 3, I'll rent a van. No big deal. We can make it happen one way or another.
Lord of the Hooligans.

Feral Donkey

Postby Hank » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:05 am

I am planning on attending...... according to mapquest is is 5.5 hours away and I go right thru the donkey show to get there :)
a genetically modified by aliens life form, known as Hank
Hank

Postby Kenro » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:25 am

WoW!! This is gonna get to be a big deal with all the diversity of interest. This is a really good thing. Iv already got plans on how to make the next "WTT TV show" better than the last. So everyone atending will be able to get on TV and be movie stars for a day. (well, internet tv anyway) Is it the free beer thats drawing the interest? :?

:D
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby Catamount » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:19 am

This sounds like it could be a fun event. Now being the good mormon boy that I am I wouldn't be interested in the beer so much as meeting all you guys and seeing and shooting the bows.
Catamount

Postby Kirkll » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:57 pm

Kenro wrote:Kirk,
I dont know if there would be a price difference in tickets but flying into green bay is alot closer. Only 25 min from here. Last year I picked up Steve there on friday afternoon. Just a thought.

Here's the deal.........milwaukee (MKE) was cheapest from Portland Or (PDX) $267.00 .... and Madison (MSN)was up to $337.00. both those flights hop into Minnesota for a stop....but Green Bay (GRB)they route me through Seattle, then Denver for some reason using Orbitz....and the price is seriously higher, but using Expidia Travel they hop to Denver then GB and it runs $354.00 round trip...the funny thing about all the Green Bay flights is they all got a 4 hour lay over in Denver besides being the highest rate....

Now i'm not what you call a tight ass when it comes to spending money. but when you are shopping air fares, you are smart to check all the resources you can and book as far in advance as possible.....using Orbitz i got numbers different than expedia...the Madison flight was a dollar higher on Expedia than Orbitz, but coming into Milwaukee Expiedia was $267 and Orbitz was $306......

i think a lot of the price depends on where your airport of origin is too....PDX is a major hub here, but then again so is Seattle. its taking those short hops to get to the major airports that run the cost up....for example...you can fly from Seattle to Milwaukee for $259.00

so i guess the bottom line is lets get a count on guys coming in on friday afternoon and where they want to come in at ...then we can coordinate some transportation. how's that sound? i'd like to get in early afternoon so i can help out with the set up. i'll even come in on thursday if that would help Ken.
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Postby Hank » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:44 pm

I haven't had a drink in 25 years and I haven't been to an AA meeting in 25 years....LOL Drank my quota early in life :) I am doing my part so there is more beer for Feral :)

I am bringing the Iron Maiden.. a metal risered 64" R/D longbow. I think with a nice string it will hang with an ACS CX zoom zoom :)
Hank

Postby Bill Grenoble » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:01 pm

Hank wrote:I haven't had a drink in 25 years and I haven't been to an AA meeting in 25 years....LOL Drank my quota early in life :) I am doing my part so there is more beer for Feral :)

I am bringing the Iron Maiden.. a metal risered 64" R/D longbow. I think with a nice string it will hang with an ACS CX zoom zoom :)

My wife and I haven't had a drink in 25 years either, first by choice, and now because of the meds we both take. :o We both quit smoking too, 10 & 11 years ago. What good are we? :roll: :mrgreen: Bill
Bill Grenoble

Postby Hank » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:02 pm

I quit smoking 25 years ago, as well.

Now I just fart and make fun of people :)
Hank

Postby Kirkll » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:29 pm

Hank wrote:I quit smoking 25 years ago, as well.

Now I just fart and make fun of people :)

ever eat navy beans for three days straight and go down town and ride the elevators in the bank tower Hank?
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Walk the Talk