Skip to content

Pirates reunion at Walk-the-Talk?

This forum is dedicated to exchanging information for the Walk the Talk event.

Pirates reunion at Walk-the-Talk?

Postby jwillis » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:42 pm

Barebow mentioned on another thread how nice it would be to meet the folks on this site. How many of you can make it to the Walk-the-Talk shoot-out next year? It would be great to have a huge Pirates reunion there. You know it would be great. I'm planning to go and prepping my family for the potential cost. Last year, my son and I drove 10-1/2 hours one way to Kenro's place and stayed a couple of nights...it was worth every penny and minute we spent. And now I know several of you in person. I have to say that seeing the other bows and testing them revolutionized my bow making. I'll never look at a longbow the same again...lol. Next year, it would be nice to have the t-shirts ready for distribution at the event. We should also print the sponsors names on the back. I thought of this after they were done. We also need to proceed on the shooting machine project.

Ernie, are you hosting this?

Jim
My bow making blog is live at... http://www.buildyourownbow.com

Click here to see the Build Your Own Bow Facebook fan page at...http://www.facebook.com/BuildYourOwnBow
jwillis

Re: Pirates reunion at Walk-the-Talk?

Postby Kenro » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:19 pm

All for it jim!!!!! That is if were all invited to be able to show up. For some it can be a big deal to be able to put on an event like this because you kind of turn your private residence public for the weekend. I am used to it being that way around here all the time anyway so it just kind of worked.
As for that shooting machine I may be ahead of you on that also as Im looking into getting one for my own personal use anyway and would be able to send it to where ever the event is. Its still a big "MIGHT" right now but if it happens you could probably save the cash for something else like the next round of shirts. Just a thought but open to anything. :D
Kenro
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby Kirkll » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:31 pm

What time of year are we talking here guys? ROOOOOOOAAAADDDDD TRIP!!!!!!! or maybe jump a jet and rent a Humvee !.... 8-) LOL!

hosting that event would definately require some acreage....Hmmmm....maybe have to talk to the neighbors for 2010...this year isn't an option for me unfortunately. but THAT would sure put the presure on to seriousaly clean up the shop....
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Postby Hornseeker » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:20 am

Yeah Jim, I"m still not sure. I am thinking that I couldn't put it on without even a lot more work than Ken has put into it, since I'd have to "locate" a barn/shop to do the testing in plus rent out a local range or something for playing...

So...I think honestly, if Ken or someone else wants to do it, and is set up good to do it...I"d say go for it there... I sure would like to make it.

Imagine...20 years from now, POA WTT is like saying "comptons" or "cloverdale"... :D

E
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby Hornseeker » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:21 am

Driving directions to Wausau, WI
1,024 mi – about 14 hours 47 mins

Is that the place?
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby Bill Grenoble » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:00 am

Hornseeker wrote:Driving directions to Wausau, WI
1,024 mi – about 14 hours 47 mins

Is that the place?

About the same for me, but I would consider driving out. Bill
Bill Grenoble

Postby jwillis » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:23 am

Kenro, if you end up hosting the event again next year, it would make sense for you to use the money that was donated to buy the shooting machine and you could maintain it and store it at your shop? I need to look at my t-shirt spreadsheet and total up how much was collected towards the machine so I can report that. Jim
My bow making blog is live at... http://www.buildyourownbow.com

Click here to see the Build Your Own Bow Facebook fan page at...http://www.facebook.com/BuildYourOwnBow
jwillis

Postby Gino Bruno » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:03 am

if it can be done a little more towards the winter time than spring, i'd make it for sure. if ernie does it, i can make it anytime because he is so close.... same thing with kirk.
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:58 pm

man i wish i could go. if its at kens again its 6 hours from here. maybe i could figure it out :idea:
Save a tree, shoot a buck

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Postby Kenro » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:05 pm

Gino,
I know you could get the boss to let you go. He seems like a real stand up sorta guy that would be real cool about letting you come out for the weekend. Besides Im sure he will tell you that the buisness wont fall apart without you for two days. and Im sure that the guys he hired arnt a bunch of clowns either. I will even go so far as to ask him for you if you want. ;)

As far as having host WTT III, ?????????? How can I say no?? Ernie had already mentioned it to me a while back and noted that it might be good for turnout being centrally located in the U.S. So I have already had time to think about it, but it is also everyone else that is involved with WTT events. I know Ben would be able to do the "WTT TV show" for us like last time so that would be a go.
As for the shooting machine thing... I have been talking with Badger about getting totally set up with all the nessessary (UP TO DATE)&(NO RED NECK) testing equipment for my own use since everything I build is tested inside and out. So its time to get some serious test equipment any way.
It would really be awesome to have more of you guys show up if I get it again too. Having Jim and Badger show up for the event was way too cool!!!!! I almost cant wait till the next event to be able to see everyone again, no matter where it is.
Oh, and TJ, You WILL be here if I host it, even if I have to drive there and get you myself!!! :P
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Walk the Talk