Skip to content

Results " Walk theTalk 08"

This forum is dedicated to exchanging information for the Walk the Talk event.

Re: Results " Walk theTalk 08"

Postby Kenro » Sat May 10, 2008 7:00 pm

Yeah, maybe. but I dont want to get complacent in any way. I dont really like to think of it as though Im on top by myself. In my mind, everyone that sent in a bow as well as those who helped me get there are standing right beside me on top the hill.

WTT is gonna get bigger and Im going to see to it that it does. If in any way it starts to burn out and others dont want to hold it I will take on the event every year. Ive already been talking to the wife about getting set up with professional grade equipment. not for just the event but for doing official grade testing for others that dont have the equipment as well as for my own use. the hooks are really in deep and dont think I will ever get rid of them now.
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby badger5149 » Sat May 10, 2008 7:14 pm

Ken, I know what you mean about the hooks getting in deep. A couple of years ago I hit my first 190+ with an all wood bow after creeping up on it for several years. By the time I hit it I guess I was almost burned out experimenting as I started building about 1/4 the bows I used to build from that point on. Lots of folk will tell you performance doesn't matter but you can bet in a few years those same folks will be shooting better bows because of the guys that like to push the limits a bit. Keep up the good work. Steve
badger5149

Postby Hornseeker » Sun May 11, 2008 9:48 pm

That would be cool Ken... get set up to do bow tests....

Badger...how many hours do you have in a bow?? Just curious.

E
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby badger5149 » Sun May 11, 2008 11:58 pm

Ernie, I don't spend much time on finishes so I save a few hours. Normally on a boo backed bow about 4 hours and a stave bow depending on how clean the stave is might go anywhere from 4 to 8 hours. Seems like this year I cant get anything done anymore though. Steve
badger5149

Postby Hornseeker » Mon May 12, 2008 8:07 am

:o We cant have that Steve...you better get it figured out! :0)
Hornseeker

Postby Hornseeker » Tue May 20, 2008 9:23 pm

Kenneth...how ya doin bud? Vid coming along still? Hope all is good, you've been almost as quiet as me...
Hornseeker

Postby Kenro » Wed May 21, 2008 7:37 pm

Ernie,
Yeah, I know. :| Just been busy with getting things taken care of around the house & making jigs to help speed things up and getting my take down jigs made up and also a youth bow designed for for my lineup too. And on top of it all trying to get my moto track built back up so I can get in some ride time.( kinda want to race a few times this summer just to take a break from things before they break loose in january)

But yes, The video is done and it is on its way to Steve(Ibex's)as I type this, so his son Adam can reformat it to be able to be viewed here at pirates. He is quite the computer wizzard. :D I tried but just couldnt get my computer to convert it to the format we needed.
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby Hornseeker » Wed May 21, 2008 8:15 pm

Good to hear from ya! Sounds like you are ready to go at it! I'm about ready to call it quits...!
Hornseeker

Postby badger5149 » Mon May 26, 2008 6:58 pm

This stupid contest has me obsessed, everytime I visualize Ken's face I see each eye has a 2 in it with a big 0 right between his eyes LOL. I feel like I have that intensity comming back when I tiller a bow out. Logic tells me a wood bow can never hit 200 but what crazy person has ever been known to be logical?? Steve
badger5149

Postby Catamount » Mon May 26, 2008 7:03 pm

Badger, I hear from Ibex you've been playing around with some regular ol' glass and carbon bows. How are they coming along? Before you give up on wood bows you still need to send me one to try out. Mike
Catamount

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Walk the Talk