Skip to content

Kids Longbow Build-Along

All build alongs are archived here for quick and easy reference.

Re: Kids Longbow Build-Along

Postby stabow » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:47 pm

I need to get a sander like yours. I like that. When I build my next shop got to get one of them.....stabow
stabow

Postby Bill Howland » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:09 pm

Gino, aaaaaaaaaaaa nope! To tell ya the truth...I put it up on the top of the glass boxes and plumb forgot about it. :oops: I'm gonna need a string for that too, ain't I? Got string? :D
"Whenever you get into a row be sure and not shoot too quick. Take time. I've known many a feller slip up for shootin' in a hurry." Wild Bill Hickok February, 1867
Bill Howland

Postby Bill Grenoble » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:00 pm

Bill Howland wrote:Hey, Ernie, If you want 15# bow weight shouldn't the psi gauge read 15 not 67#'s? Heck you're gonna end up with a 67# pound bow!!! :o

Dang it, I knew I shouldn't have listened to those guys last winter, I used 65# air for my 40# limbs. Boy I'm glad you signed up here Bill, it keeps us dummies straight. :roll: :lol: Welcome. Bill
Bill Grenoble

Postby Bill Howland » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:35 pm

Bill, I don't know how that stuff works, ya see you used 65# and you got 40#, go figure:?: Ya musta had to whittle on them limbs a lot to get 40#'s? :shock:

All I know, every time I use higher than 90# I get bows that miss weight low...maybe I crushing the core? :o
"Whenever you get into a row be sure and not shoot too quick. Take time. I've known many a feller slip up for shootin' in a hurry." Wild Bill Hickok February, 1867
Bill Howland

Postby Hornseeker » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:10 pm

I'm a little intimidated having a "real" bowyer see my work... well, its JUST a kids bow...and cmon...I guess the kids you know aren't as strong as the ones I know! :D

Hey Bill...if you need a kids string let me know the length...

Ernie
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby Gino Bruno » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:15 pm

i agree bill, keeping air pressure consistent is key area to hitting weight....... remember when i was farting around with that PTM&W shnat....... that glue would give me a limb .020 thicker than the exact same cores and smooth-on..... add 10psi and the limb thickness were the same as was the poundage..... i also think 90psi is the way to go...... and it also creates great glue lines......... or lack there of :D
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby Hornseeker » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:18 pm

And yes Gino...I do consider you a "real bowyer"... I have just grown accustomed to posting my schnat in front of you :lol:
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby Gino Bruno » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:47 pm

no way ernie..... i'm just a garage ninnie that likes to tinker.
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby shafted » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:31 pm

Your shop is way to clean and tidy and that's just not right!!...You should see mine, sometimes I need a metal detector to find a riser...
shafted

Postby Bill Howland » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:34 pm

Ernie: "I'm a little intimidated having a "real" bowyer see my work." Nah, don't mind me, I put my pants on one leg at a time just like you do. Heck I might even learn something....or remember why I don't do that any more....either way it's fun to see others work!

"And yes Gino...I do consider you a "real bowyer"" ...."i'm just a garage ninnie that likes to tinker" Actually a mutual friend of Gino and mine, calls Gino a bow geek! Which I think is funnier than you know what! LOL

I do have one question for you, Ernie....Why such a high temp?
Bill Howland

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Bow Build alongs