Skip to content

Traveling Build-Along (finished video/pics P21)

All build alongs are archived here for quick and easy reference.

Re: Traveling Swap Build-Along

Postby Apex Predator » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:47 am

Looks like I wasn't quick enough on the draw to get in on this one. You guys will make a fine bow!
Apex Predator

Postby Hornseeker » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:56 am

Shoot, I missed this one too. I wish I was a part guys, but I see I'd be taking someones part away, so I will sit the bench and cheer you guys on! If there is anything you guys need, dont hesitate to ask. I know anyone of you can build the bow by yourselves, so with 22+ you ought to be just fine!!!

Awesome!
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby Dick in Seattle » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:33 pm

Hmmm... I was just re-reading all the entries on this thread and got to thinking about various old saws about multiple participant efforts... you know, "an elephant is a mouse built by the government" and "too many cooks", etc. I doubt there will be any such problems here, but somehow it did bring to mind my interview for an executive Personnel Officer position with a very, very conservative organization back in 1970, and I thought I'd share.

When I went into the building, it was a sea of gray flannel suits and white shirts. It was obvious that a blue shirt was daring! All short haircuts and no facial hair anywhere. I was dressing in flares, a madras shirt and a sport coat, and sporting long hair and a full beard and handlebar mustache. I figured this one was a dead loss. When I went in for the interview, they had a panel of 9 guys! Execs from all over the Western Region, plus the Big Boss. Since I was sure I wasn't what they were looking for, I had a ball with the interview, just kicked back and told everything like it was, made no special effort to present myself in the best light. They interviewed me for an hour and a half and as I was leaving one of them asked, with a rather stunned attitude, if there was anything I wanted to add. I replied, "Yes. If I were your personnel officer, I'd advise you to knock off huge panel interviews. It's a sign that you either have too many execs with not enough to do or no one has the guts to make the decision." Much to my shock, I got the job and I found out at a cocktail party a year or so later that the first words said after I left were from the Big Boss (who had asked no questions during the interview)... "Does anyone here have a problem with beards?" I later became Chief of Administration for them and retired from that organization some 2O years later. :)
Dick in Seattle

"The shop door is open, the coffee is on..."
Dick in Seattle

Postby Kirkll » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:27 pm

great story Dick, (As always...) :D :D But...i'm at a loss at what in tarnation this has to do with this thread bro? :? :? help me out here, will you?
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Postby Dick in Seattle » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:15 pm

just got to thinking about the comments on the number involved in this project, which led to thoughts of stories of multiple input projects vs. single input, which led to remembering this incident (clearly not related but on the thought train) and my fingers decided to share the story. No deep connections or anything. Sorry about that... sometimes the cup of coffee and pipe kind of take over the mood. Apologies to all....
Dick in Seattle

"The shop door is open, the coffee is on..."
Dick in Seattle

Postby Howattman » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:58 pm

Neat story.....and no apology necessary as far as I'm concerned. ;)
Resident Howattologist
Pirate Poet Laureate/Hardcore Defective

"Pain or damage don’t end the world, or despair or f**king beatings. The world ends when you’re dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man—and give some back.”

Howattman

Postby Apex Predator » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:12 pm

Dick, I enjoyed the story buddy! Thanks for sharing. Kirk is just being an old fun sucker! :D
Apex Predator

Postby Kirkll » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:03 pm

just a bit of dry humor there Dick... hell,, now i feel bad. the reason it struck me funny is that i do it all the time. my wife says i'm going the long way around the barn...

the problem with going the long way around the barn is, you forget why you were going around in the first place and go back in the house to find your pipe. then you can't remember where you set the thing.... Hmmmm i wonder if i dropped while i was walking around the barn.... :roll:

i was just funning with ya bro.....now what was this thread about again? :oops:
http://www.bigfootbows.com/
kirk@bigfootbows.com

Only archers are fool enough to want to make a composite with natural materials and man made materials, and then bend it repeatedly...
Kirkll

Postby Ben » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:26 pm

Tarnation----------I thought that was a southern word, there is hope for you yet Kirk :)
Everything is simple, people make it complicated
Ben

Postby Jon in Montana » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:32 pm

Kirkll wrote:the problem with going the long way around the barn is, you forget why you were going around in the first place and go back in the house to find your pipe. then you can't remember where you set the thing.... Hmmmm i wonder if i dropped while i was walking around the barn.... :roll:

And to add another quote.... But...i'm at a loss at what in tarnation this has to do with this thread bro? - by Kirkll

LOL! Just ribbin ya bro!
Jon in Montana

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Bow Build alongs