Skip to content

metal recurve build

All build alongs are archived here for quick and easy reference.

Re: metal recurve.

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:12 pm

i like that combo, looks good.
Save a tree, shoot a buck

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Postby Gino Bruno » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:32 pm

thanks, i really like it too....... when that pic was taken it just had one coat of sealer on it to keep it from moving around...... it looks a lot better after all the pores were filled and the satin finish was applied...... it really highlighted the grain.
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby BowDonkey » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:01 pm

That is some awesome work.
BowDonkey

Re: metal recurve build

Postby Henry McCann » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:33 pm

New to the site and have been happily lost in reading through old posts. I have learned an incredible amount already. Thanks for sharing all your hard won experience and wisdom!

I just had to write and say this is the first metal riser that I have ever liked and I really like this one. Has to be the beautiful wood inlays.
Henry McCann

Postby Kenro » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:34 pm

Aw see, there you go teasing me with that metal riserd one again :x you know how I feel about that thing man! :D At the very least put it in a will with my name on it. Awesome buck too BTW! I still have that pic from almost a year ago inside my tool cabinet door at work and still get asked about it from people who see it.
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby Gino Bruno » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:45 pm

wow, thanks henry!

ken.... you got it.... if i croak, you get the bow with both sets of limbs lol.
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby Sixby » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:59 pm

Gino , I truly admire you sir. That bow is just stupendously awsome. If I were to ever have a metal riser or make one myself it would be with inserts. If you want to share something with me though I woul like to know how you do the stripes in the veneers. I want to do it but have not figured it out yet. If not then I understand that too but those veneer stripes are just awsome. do you do them in a large blank and then cut individual lams off it after its all glued and dried? that is the only way I could come close to thinking how its done.
Sixby

Postby Gino Bruno » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:08 pm

steve- no secrets here man.... the piece of leopardwood is split down the center and then the two halves are run over the jointer..... then the arcs are cut like i do my risers..... i glued the accents to the zebrawood and then went back and scribed the lines onto each half of the leopardwood. i shaped the leopardwood and then glued the two halves of leopardwood to the zebrawood and accents..... these veneers look awesome with zebrawood and figured walnut.
Gino Bruno

Postby BLACK WOLF » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:02 pm

Gino,

I know I've metioned something like this before but I'm not kidding when I say you have to be one of the most talented bowyers I have ever seen!!!

You're work inspires me!

Ray ;)
BLACK WOLF

Postby Bill Grenoble » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:54 am

Henry McCann wrote:I just had to write and say this is the first metal riser that I have ever liked and I really like this one. Has to be the beautiful wood inlays.

Welcome Henry, Gino is one very talented individual, and there are a lot more like him on this forum, as you will see. Bill
Bill Grenoble

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Bow Build alongs