Skip to content

metal recurve build

All build alongs are archived here for quick and easy reference.

metal recurve build

Postby Gino Bruno » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:37 pm

here is the metal hybrid's twin...... this was the first metal riser i built....... not a real good build along but it was on the old site so i figured i'd bring this one over.
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Re: metal recurve.

Postby Gino Bruno » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:40 pm

looks like "the donkey" and i must have been milling at the same time......although mine is not as purdy as his and won't be for sale. this bow will be set up to accept both my hybrid and recurve limbs. it is much further along than these pics but figured i'd show a little of it's progress.

squared up riser block

drilling to accept limb pads

milled out shelf

milling limb pads

here it is next to a couple of "in progress" wood risers that i am building for my wife and brother-in-law

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby Gino Bruno » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:42 pm

well fellas, this thread is going to be on hiatis for a little while as joann and i leave for cancun in the morning. as i was clearing off the memory stick i figured i'd add a few more pics (it is further along than this) of the ground out grip ready for finish (the grip really became much brighter with the finish on it). once my harmonic dampeners get here i will mill out the holes and v-grooves and hit it with dura-coat, set the wood inlays, and mount the limbs.

here are a few pics of the grip;

Gino Bruno

Postby Gino Bruno » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:43 pm

i guess i could have posted these. this is the block that i glued up to cut and grind the veneers for the poser (pretty) limbs. they match the veneers (previously posted) that make up the wood inlays in the riser and grip. anyway, here are a few pics. when done i will have a set of pretty recurve limbs, carbon recurve and carbon hybrid limbs for the riser.

Gino Bruno

Postby Gino Bruno » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:43 pm

well, i sprayed the riser last night with the duracoat and just set the inlays....the riser is FINALLY done! i'll post some pics in a day or so.
Gino Bruno

Postby Gino Bruno » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:45 pm

FD- here are some pics. the limbs shown in these pics are still unfinished and are not for this bow (just to show what they will look like) but the veneers are exactly the same that will go on the "purdy" limbs. the limb pads are interchangable for the longbow limbpads. when finished, i will have a set of the purdy limbs, carbon hybrid, can carbon recurve limbs. both the hybrid and carbon recurve limbs will be finished in snake skins. unfortunately, i did not get the harmonic dampeners in time so i did not use them in this riser...... the next riser is designed around them and will accept ILFs as well as all of my limbs.

Gino Bruno

Postby Gino Bruno » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:46 pm

here it is ready for business.

Gino Bruno

Postby Gino Bruno » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:59 pm

here it is after having done business :D

no "bubble wrap" here LOL.

or here

these two have seen the woods and i beat the piss out of them............... oops................ wrong thread :twisted:
Gino Bruno

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:39 pm

in that pic with the three risers, is the dark wood in the right riser wenge?
Save a tree, shoot a buck

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Postby Gino Bruno » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:42 pm

TJ- yep, with a zebrawood flare....... it is my wife's bow...... the veneers are just like the metal recurve's but with walnut (wenge is too porus to be a good veneer) and zebrawood.
Gino Bruno

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Bow Build alongs