Skip to content

Straight limbed glass longbow Build-Along

All build alongs are archived here for quick and easy reference.

Re: Straight limbed glass longbow Build-Along

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:04 am

Hi TJ, Just wanted to tell you how proud I am to have such a cool grandson. It means so much to Grandpa to share these projects with you. You bring out some of the best of him also. Keep up the good work.

Love you, Grammy
Save a tree, shoot a buck

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Postby Hornseeker » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:18 am

Cool build along! Thanks TJ!

Ernie
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby Bill Grenoble » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:15 pm

Hornseeker wrote:Cool build along! Thanks TJ!

Ernie

Holy shit, when did you come back on Horny? Bill
Bill Grenoble

Postby Hornseeker » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:52 pm

I tried to stay away, but just couldn't...

I haven't heard from your selfbowyer lately Bill...I'll see whats up soon...

Ernie
It FEELS GOOD to USE WOOD!
Chuck Norris puts the laughter in manslaughter.
Hornseeker

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:11 pm

i scaled it yesterday and it came out right at my target draw weight 45@28" its about 30-32# at my moms draw so its just right. :lol: its got a coat of finish drying on it right now and then just one more and itll be done.

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Postby Gino Bruno » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:07 pm

alright we better get some finished pics of that beauty. :D
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:11 pm

finally done!!!

Ill have to help her with her form but you know how that goes.... ;)

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Postby Gino Bruno » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:05 pm

TJ, that is awesome man!......... everytime i read one of your posts it is like i am going back in time 17 years. not too many guys in their teens are interested in archery, bowbuilding, and bowhunting as i was or as you are..... i guarantee it will be a life-long addiction :D .

one of these days, you are going to have to come out west on an elk hunt with me or a bow building vacation.... i'd love to meet ya sometime.

fantastic job on that bow! i bet your mom is more proud of it than you will ever know.
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:07 pm

Thanks a ton gino! i know i kind of am a lil weird compared to most kids. :mrgreen: theres maybe a dozen kids at my school that hunt out of 800. i guess thats partly cause im in the city but still....

Elk, for some reason, is an animal i would absolutely love to hunt. i really dont know why, but an elk just seems like the perfect game to me. I would love to meet you too gino, but id be embarrassed to show you my t/d :oops: and how bad its tuned or its lack of tuning would be a better phrase.

anyways, i just went out and shot it a dozen times and it really pushes the 1916's ive got but they need more weight up front cause they do end up pretty sideways in the target. ill prolly have to get some 1716's for her to shoot and keep the 1916's for when i wanna shoot it. :D :lol:

jeesh, i guess i should try not to be as good at this as i am, ive got two more to build now. one for dad and one for our friend who lives in alaska in the summers. G

ino, did you see my post about the R/D bow?

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Postby Gino Bruno » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:19 pm

TJ what is the weight of the bow at your draw length?.... what is your drawlength?

no worries about being a little different. heck, i was the only goofy kid on the block (i lived in california until i was 13) who would go to the video store and rent hunting videos instead of regular movies....... and my shooting range was over our swimming pool :D .
Gino Bruno

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Bow Build alongs