Skip to content

Recurve build along (pg 1) FINISHED PICS PAGE 4

All build alongs are archived here for quick and easy reference.

Re: Recurve build along (finally finished...... COMPLETELY)

Postby Gino Bruno » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:19 pm

TJ- depends on the paper :D lol.... i think regular printer paper is .003-.004

as far as cutting the nocks goes, absolutely.... a compound sliding table on a drill press would do the same thing.... really, that is all this mill is, just a glorified drill press with a few extra ponies behind it. ;)
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:21 pm

yeah yeah i know it is but a mill is cooler than a drill press too. ;)
Save a tree, shoot a buck

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Postby Gino Bruno » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:24 pm

just checked..... a piece of paper is .0035..... please accept my appologies :D..... but that is for 20 lb..... now if we were using 40lb it should be .007 ;)
Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.
Gino Bruno

Postby tjdeerslayer37 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:25 pm

:o haha thats funny so did i. came up with the same thing. :D appology accepted
Save a tree, shoot a buck

>>------------->
tjdeerslayer37

Postby Sixby » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:14 pm

I doubt that the precice quality of your workmanship will ever be surpassed. You are undoubtly a master craftsman. Thanks for all the hard work to show us.
Sixby

Postby Gino Bruno » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:58 pm

ok, here are the finished pics. i had a heck of a time getting any decent light today so the pics kind of suck but here you go.

Gino Bruno

Re: Recurve build along FINISHED PICS PAGE 4

Postby stabow » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:44 pm

Gino if I made bows that look like that I wouldn’t even bother with anyone else’s bows.....stabow
stabow

Postby Kenro » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:50 pm

Ok, so which one is mine? Im willing to share. :D
Undoubtably some of the best work to ever grace the bow building world. I will go out on a limb and say without hoping to discredit anyone elses work, and it is only "my" oppinion that you are the best of any of us ninnies that Ive ever seen . Again, I'll say that there is some incredible talent out there and especially here in the pirates land, but you really got it goin on!! Incredible work!!!
but really, which one is mine?
Kenro
People used to say that I'd never amount to much but I can always say Ive served as a bad example!
Kenro

Postby Catamount » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:03 pm

Beautiful bows Gino. I've owned and shot some amazing looking bows and nothing compares to what you have there. You should be proud of yourself for the way your bows turn out. I always get in too big of a hurry and half ass everything because I get to excited to get the bow done and get to shooting. Off the top of your head if you were to start a new bow now after making those two, how long would it take? Brandon Stahl who also does nice work told me he has atleast 20 hrs in each bow. Mike
Catamount

Postby Gino Bruno » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:07 pm

thanks guys!

mike- these were a real pain in the butt because of the glue ups involved. i'd say these would take me 35-40 hours to do them over again..... if i did the same limb mounting system but with the limbs sitting on the riser instead of inset, i'd imagine that i could do one in 25-30 hours.... i just can't build them as fast as the pros do.
Gino Bruno

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Bow Build alongs